• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Mm&ff

I emailed Evan about a week and half ago asking for an update. He hasnt gotten back to me. Ill shoot him another email. As far as Im concerned they might as well just drop the "Fast Fords" from their magazine title. I feel like im getting the run around since this isnt a Mustang meet. If things persist to not happen, im going to write the old editor, Jim Campisano and let him know whats up since he was the one that told me we would be in the magazine.

Last edited:
It seems like this is their pace...

Remember when my car appeared earlier this year in MM&FF at the SVTOA on-track event at Autobahn? Well, the on-track event was in May of '05 (same weekend as SZ05) and the article about the on-track event was in the March '06 issue.

Yea, unfortunately that magazine is mustang biased. I would have thought Jim would have been more interested in the CSVT since he authored the "Powered by SVT" book and had to do some research on the Contour SVT:shrug: I have a subscription that i got this summer, all i can do is wait...and i'm not even gonna be in there!!! LOL

Yea, unfortunately that magazine is mustang biased. I would have thought Jim would have been more interested in the CSVT since he authored the "Powered by SVT" book and had to do some research on the Contour SVT:shrug: I have a subscription that i got this summer, all i can do is wait...and i'm not even gonna be in there!!! LOL

Jim was very interested in it. He was all for doing a write up on SZ 06. His exact words were "the SVT Contour is underappreciated and I wish we could do more articles on these cars."

However, Jim has been promoted and Evan Smith took his spot. I dont really think Evan shares the same enthusiasm.

Heres the response I got back today from Evan if there had been any progress on this yet.

Not yet, I only have so many pages to work with and I have prior obligations
for event coverage.

Evan

Evan J. Smith
Editor
Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine
Primedia
365 W. Passaic St.
Rochelle Park, NJ 07662

Ever think of submitting things to other magazines? SCC, modified mag, etc. etc.

Pitch it as a "not everyday" sort of thing

WFC and Fun Ford Weekend have MM&FF wrapped around their fingers. So you know who will get the articles first. Not to mention a majority of their feature cars are from those same events. Im hoping for the best though.
-tropictour

Heres the latest.

Jim,

I am looking to run the article, but don't seen any action shots from the
track. Can you resend the email with the track action photos?

Evan

Apparently he only got 1 of 2 emails containing all the pictures. Action shots have been resent. :)

Stu doesnt get online much, but I know I speak for him when I say he'd be pumped if he made it into the mag!

If this is the picture i think it is, the one marty took.... its a DAMN good picture too!

I think anybody and everybody would be "pumped" to land a spot in a mag. I know I would be carrying it around with me showing every person under then sun. "Hey hey hey, loooooooook I got into a magazine, THATS ME!"

I got a subscription so I wouldn't miss it and haven't seen anything yet. They like Mustangs more :shrug:

I think it will happen, but according to Bob who had his car published, it took almost a year iirc for his car to get published. Ill send MM&FF an email today and say people are getting ansy and asking for a projected date. Jim Campisano, the original editor of the magazine was really pumped when I first inquired about doing this article 4 months before SZ. Unfortunately, I dont know if Evan Smith, the new editor, feels the same enthusiasm but he did tell me that it would be published. Evan is very busy. Just about everytime I email him hes off at some event (probably ripping the heck out of Mustangs) since from what Ive heard hes a great driver. I'll keep everyone posted.

Last edited:
Do they really publish articles about an event that far out. A car is timeless where an event isn't.

Back