Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best N/A numbers

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Best N/A numbers

    Who has the best 2.5 and 3.0 numbers non forced induction?
    99 CSVT, 95 Exp Sport
    -Justin

  • #2
    Originally posted by DocStruthers View Post
    Who has the best 2.5 and 3.0 numbers non forced induction?
    Check out this thread for info.....

    Most Poweful N/A 3L Build
    -Greg
    Icefury's 2000 3.0 SVT Contour
    The Tuning-Shop UK

    Comment


    • #3
      DavidZ hit 249 WHp with a 3L Hybrid that used a set of 1-off adjustable cam gears, custom camshafts and high compression pistons. Not much useful information can be found on CEG on what exactly he did. He did have his own website at one time that showed the whole build but the site has been taken down. He sold the car in 2005 and I don't know who ended-up with it.
      Mr. Spindlelegs
      1999 Black SVT #1658 of 2760
      2014 Scion FR-S Monogram Series

      Comment


      • #4
        mumm brothers(?) 2.5L cougar.
        --current cars: 1998 contour svt # 0165, 2009 mercury mariner premiere
        --past cars: 1996 contour se, too many mods to list!!, 1999 silfro svt, 1999 tropic green svt, and tooooooooo many others to list.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by mrspindlelegs View Post
          DavidZ hit 249 WHp with a 3L Hybrid that used a set of 1-off adjustable cam gears, custom camshafts and high compression pistons. Not much useful information can be found on CEG on what exactly he did. He did have his own website at one time that showed the whole build but the site has been taken down. He sold the car in 2005 and I don't know who ended-up with it.
          It's been awhile since I've seen DavidZ's setup, but I thought he just had Roush cams? I don't recall him having adjustable cam gears or different pistons.
          Jim Hahn
          1999 Tropic Green SVT Contour
          1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 Sold
          3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit
          364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm

          Comment


          • #6
            I have a physical dyno sheet that says 218. There's a dyno sheet floating online somewhere of my car putting down 231whp by the previous owner.

            If there's a dyno day event close to me I'll find out for sure what it is.
            Sold- 98.5 Silver Frost #5979 :(
            Officially a troll. 2002 Suzuka Blue Honda S2000 on Works

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by troll96se View Post
              mumm brothers(?) 2.5L cougar.
              I did a little digging on the Internet and found claims that the Mumm Brothers 2.5L Duratec motor was build by Kinetics and that it put out 290+ HP. I'm pretty sure that output was at the crank since the motor underwent a lot of engine dyno testing. Thus, it was probably delivering a minimum of 240 - 247 Hp to the wheels assuming 15 - 17% loss through the drivetrain.
              Mr. Spindlelegs
              1999 Black SVT #1658 of 2760
              2014 Scion FR-S Monogram Series

              Comment


              • #8
                I am hoping for 230 to the wheels, we shall see.
                02 Cougar: Street driven track car. Full 3L w/ boltons, HMS trans, 6pt roll bar, weight reduction, built suspension, 13" Wilwoods, 8" w/ 245's
                #4683: under the knife
                07 GMC Sierra Classic: Duramax/Allison, loaded

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by YOOOO View Post
                  There's a dyno sheet floating online somewhere of my car putting down 231whp by the previous owner.
                  maybe when it was a 2.5L on spray? I can find out

                  Originally posted by FastFord View Post
                  I am hoping for 230 to the wheels, we shall see.
                  Goodluck!! Would be nice to see someone put that down but I'll say its a longshot (unless you go all out!)
                  SOLD ---- Sean - 1998.5 3.0L CSVT #5906 - "MONSTOUR"

                  Originally posted by rexxdoggy
                  My intake right now is a heat soak muh fuh'in short ram gayness.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by CKtour98 View Post
                    maybe when it was a 2.5L on spray? I can find out



                    Goodluck!! Would be nice to see someone put that down but I'll say its a longshot (unless you go all out!)
                    I dont think its a long shot. just need the right cams and tune.

                    full 3L made 227HP/214TQ at the wheels.



                    before the cams and retune it was at 207/204, so pretty typical of a tuned 3L.
                    TZT Performance http://www.tztperformance.com/
                    officially a troll. '93 3000GT VR4 #2229/2595

                    '00 Black SVTC - sold 5/1/10
                    '97 GL Turbo Zetec - gone

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      cams do wonders!
                      i want a set:(
                      1999 Mercury Cougar Full 3.0L MTX
                      236HP

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Ahh yes Doms car
                        http://www.newcougar.org/forums/thread150895.html

                        I know where I can get a knife edged crank and pauter rods for cheap. Have some high compression pistons made, PnP heads, those cams, coupled with my headers and intake should make some power. Anyone wanna pitch in?
                        02 Cougar: Street driven track car. Full 3L w/ boltons, HMS trans, 6pt roll bar, weight reduction, built suspension, 13" Wilwoods, 8" w/ 245's
                        #4683: under the knife
                        07 GMC Sierra Classic: Duramax/Allison, loaded

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Comparing dyno sheets of different dynos would be a bad start, unless you compare them on the same dyno. Dyno's are great tuning tools, and I would just leave them at that.
                          3L Oval ST220 UIM SVT Cams MSDS Headers True Duals Custom Airbox 253whp, 223ft-lb wtq Quafie LSD Capaldi Final Drive 60L Fuel Cell 6pt Roll bar 13" Fr - 11.75" R BBK Wilwood H Pads Koni Yellow w/GC Loads of Track Time

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by mrspindlelegs View Post
                            I did a little digging on the Internet and found claims that the Mumm Brothers 2.5L Duratec motor was build by Kinetics and that it put out 290+ HP. I'm pretty sure that output was at the crank since the motor underwent a lot of engine dyno testing. Thus, it was probably delivering a minimum of 240 - 247 Hp to the wheels assuming 15 - 17% loss through the drivetrain.
                            You are very close. I have a Kinetics built 2.5 and the most I've seen at the wheels is 237. I've tryed a couple of different header designs and did get some much needed torque. The problem I'm having is I can't tune the motor. I need a different management system, I'm still using the Ford computer and had no luck tuning it! But the car runs great!

                            Rob
                            1998 Contour SVT Race car
                            2002 LG Motorsports Trans Am
                            Bondurant SVT Contour #2 (Minor racing incident)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by YOOOO View Post
                              I have a physical dyno sheet that says 218. There's a dyno sheet floating online somewhere of my car putting down 231whp by the previous owner.

                              If there's a dyno day event close to me I'll find out for sure what it is.
                              Best the car has done NA is 220/200 and that was done by me. I believe IF Stabler did it, it might have done that with spray when he did the big shot on the 2.5 before it blew.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X