• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Silver SVT Contour on the SS of Indy (Greenwood)

ukfan50

CEG'er
On my way in to work this morning I saw a silver (what appeared to be an E1) turning into LA Fitness in Greenwood off SR135 right next to Mikes Carwash. You were northbound on 135 & made a right turn into LA Fitness at roughly 7:45am. Just wondering if you’re a member on here???

Because, after NEVER seeing another SVTC in Indianapolis or anywhere for that matter since purchasing mine in (1/2009) it was kind of shocking to see another in my hometown.

I've only seen three other Contour SVTs in about the last 2 - 3 years. There was a black one out where I live out in Shelbyville but he sold his on Craigslist a few months ago. Saw one Silver Frost on east side I-465 a few years ago. The third was the T-red that was found at the Indy Pick-A-Part junkyard on 16th street. I think most of the remaining owners in this area don't surf CEG or FCO. The best chance of seeing other SVTs is probably by hanging out at the IUPUI campus.

I've only seen three other Contour SVTs in about the last 2 - 3 years. There was a black one out where I live out in Shelbyville but he sold his on Craigslist a few months ago. Saw one Silver Frost on east side I-465 a few years ago. The third was the T-red that was found at the Indy Pick-A-Part junkyard on 16th street. I think most of the remaining owners in this area don't surf CEG or FCO. The best chance of seeing other SVTs is probably by hanging out at the IUPUI campus.

Yeah you’re probably totally correct. So you said you live in Shelbyville???

I live in Greenwood but my GF lives in Franklin so if you ever see a 2000 SVTC, tinted windows except for the rear window (came like this from Ford/factory) but it's Ford tint kind of weird I thought. Lowered slightly (BAT kit) and beefed up suspension but stock in appearance that would be me. Flag me down.

This SilFro I saw this morning must live on the SS (Greenwood) because it's actually the 2nd time I've seen it. That's why I posted. It looks VERY clean but you never know.

Yeah you’re probably totally correct. So you said you live in Shelbyville???

I live in Greenwood but my GF lives in Franklin so if you ever see a 2000 SVTC, tinted windows except for the rear window (came like this from Ford/factory) but it's Ford tint kind of weird I thought. Lowered slightly (BAT kit) and beefed up suspension but stock in appearance that would be me. Flag me down.

This SilFro I saw this morning must live on the SS (Greenwood) because it's actually the 2nd time I've seen it. That's why I posted. It looks VERY clean but you never know.

Yep, I'm out in Shelbyville. Nice and quiet place to live.

Wouldn't you know it - we are talking about how we never see other SVTs. Well, I saw a silver frost SVT traveling east bound on 25th Street and he was turning right to go southbound on Keystone on Friday morning about 10:30 am. I didn't pay sufficient attention to whether it was an E0 vs. E1 but it had silver mesh. The windows did not appear to be tinted. Car seemed to be in good shape based on such a short sighting. The driver looked to be about 50 years old and was wearing sunglasses.

Yep, I'm out in Shelbyville. Nice and quiet place to live.

Wouldn't you know it - we are talking about how we never see other SVTs. Well, I saw a silver frost SVT traveling east bound on 25th Street and he was turning right to go southbound on Keystone on Friday morning about 10:30 am. I didn't pay sufficient attention to whether it was an E0 vs. E1 but it had silver mesh. The windows did not appear to be tinted. Car seemed to be in good shape based on such a short sighting. The driver looked to be about 50 years old and was wearing sunglasses.

Crazy! The SilFro I have seen a few times over the past month or so is ALWAYS on the SS in or very close to Greenwood. So he must live in Greenwood and it's a 99 or 00 and all OEM/stock. Next time I see him & I'm not heading to work I'm gonna stop him & chat for a few.

We should get together in the spring & meet up at the Suds in Dowtown Greenwood on a Sat night, if your interested. I sent you a contact request.

I'll actually be heading over to Indy on Friday with my wife to do some shopping and meet up with some family that lives on the north side (sister in Zionsville, another in Carmel). I won't have the contour though. We'll be in our Explorer instead.

I'll actually be heading over to Indy on Friday with my wife to do some shopping and meet up with some family that lives on the north side (sister in Zionsville, another in Carmel). I won't have the contour though. We'll be in our Explorer instead.

Welcome... Enjoy Indy man & have a good weekend!

We are getting a •••• ton of snow dumped on us right now! The drive to work from the southside (where I live) to the northside tomorrow morning is going to be awesome! I hate the fricken bitter cold & snow. At least my SVTC is in the nice heated garage!!! I'll be driving my Jeep Cherokee Laredo with real 4 wheel drive trying to navigate around & avoid the idiot drivers.

Enjoy the tons of snow, lows in the -0 degrees and highs in the single digits. Man I hate the winter, cold and snow with a passion!

How many of us our in the Indy area? Meet UKFAN this weekend when I sold him my T-red fender. I have a T-red 98 E1 and a 99 T-green in Camby. I followed what I found out was my neighbor the other week. He has a 98 E0 SILFRO(mint 1 owner). I am not sure if he is on here or not. We will habe to meet up for the ZING in May.

How many of us our in the Indy area? Meet UKFAN this weekend when I sold him my T-red fender. I have a T-red 98 E1 and a 99 T-green in Camby. I followed what I found out was my neighbor the other week. He has a 98 E0 SILFRO(mint 1 owner). I am not sure if he is on here or not. We will habe to meet up for the ZING in May.

(SVT in Indy) AKA Aaron is a great guy and it was a pleasure meeting you and thank you for the fender! To answer your question, not that many just a handful of us from me asking the same question when I first got my SVTC & joined the site.

-Aaron I'm def serious & interested about going to the SZ this year, it'll be my 1st & it's close to us geographically. If you want I'd love to caravan out there together as I'm sure we can find more than us 2 here in Indy that want to go between now & then. Looking forward to getting my money back from BAGGED that he stole from me & lied after the fact 5 times... "I'm shipping your mesh kit tomorrow", fricken BS!!! I only hate thieves more than liars but in regards to my situation he was both so looking forward to SZ 2011!!!

Anyone who reads this thread and are local to Indy/central IN area please reply & maybe we can kind of get a headcount to see roughly how many members are on here local to us.

Don't limit your caravan, or contouravan as we call it, to only those starting in Indy. Some of us will be passing through there on our way as well... Be sure to pick a meeting point along I70 just east of town so others can plan to join. :)

Don't limit your caravan, or contouravan as we call it, to only those starting in Indy. Some of us will be passing through there on our way as well... Be sure to pick a meeting point along I70 just east of town so others can plan to join. :)

Good point... As the time gets closer myself or (SVT in INDY) will coordinate something and anyone who wants to can follow this thread. That'd be pretty cool to have about 10+ SVTC's rolling in there together.

My 98 is daily driven everyday from Fishers to Morrisville. She is still kicking with 188k on the odometer. It is black with the INDYHP sticker in the back window.

My 98 is daily driven everyday from Fishers to Morrisville. She is still kicking with 188k on the odometer. It is black with the INDYHP sticker in the back window.

Very nice... I live in Greenwood & work at Keystone at the Crossing & I thought my dive was bad, LOL. I Take the E side of 465 to work but if you ever see a 2000 T-Red in Moorsville, SS or Greenwood area that would be me, honk.

My dad's the Service Manager at Community Ford so that's where I have all my maintenance & any non-minor repairs done. Any major repairs or work are done by Brian Guard who owns Performance Driven LLC (right there off 465 & Kentucky Ave). He's a hell of a nice & great guy and his shop does excellent work at a very good price. Just an FYI if you ever need any major repair work done. When & if I decide to do a 3 liter swap he'll be the one doing it for sure!

Will you be going to this years SZ?

Crazy! The SilFro I have seen a few times over the past month or so is ALWAYS on the SS in or very close to Greenwood. So he must live in Greenwood and it's a 99 or 00 and all OEM/stock. Next time I see him & I'm not heading to work I'm gonna stop him & chat for a few.

We should get together in the spring & meet up at the Suds in Dowtown Greenwood on a Sat night, if your interested. I sent you a contact request.

I've never heard of the "Suds" before but have been to the following places that have an excellent beer selection:

Broadripple Brew Pub
Brugge Brasserie
McNivans
The Rock Bottom

The Brugge Brasserie has great food; it is so aromatic, your clothes will smell like the food for several days.

My ability to meet-up with anybody is extremely limited. My job combined with rebuilding the Contour SVT and the home after the 2008 flood is quite demanding. Note: The Contour was not damaged by the flood; it is just getting a major renovation to overcome as many of Ford's corner cuttings that they implemented after 1997.

Just shoot me a PM and we'll see if I'm available.

It wasn't me, as mine isn't minty, but its good to see some folks in the central Indiana area. I was recently out with the family at Greenwood Mall last weekend, and mine is a 99 SilFro with a crappily painted silver front fender and driver's door. Count me in on the Contouravan...that would be cool. If you don't mind my slightly ratty family car tagging along with your nice ones.

On another note, there are at least 5 other CSVT's in Columbus, where I live. There's 2 red ones, a beautiful green one (I want one this color so bad!) and 2 black ones in various conditions. I was amazed at how many of those cars are owned by people in my medium sized town.

Chris

I wouldn't mind at all if you came. My car's are by no means nice. The green one looks like it was rescued from the junkyard. I am trying to get all of the parts to fix both of them up but they are the 2 hardest colors to find and I am very limited on time. We will chat before the ZING and get a plan in place. We may have 1 more meeting us from Wisconsin. We will have to see when the time gets closer.

Back