• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Yuck!! Winter storm warning

SoundQ SVT

Hard-core CEG'er
Winter Storm Warning
URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE LINCOLN IL
313 PM CST WED NOV 29 2006

...FIRST MAJOR WINTER STORM OF THE SEASON TO IMPACT CENTRAL AND
SOUTHEAST ILLINOIS...

WOODFORD-TAZEWELL (where I live)-MCLEAN-MASON-LOGAN-CASS-MENARD-SCOTT-MORGAN-SANGAMON-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...BLOOMINGTON...NORMAL...HAVANA...
LINCOLN...JACKSONVILLE...SPRINGFIELD
313 PM CST WED NOV 29 2006

...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 9 AM THURSDAY TO 12 PM CST
FRIDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN LINCOLN HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM
WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 9 AM THURSDAY TO 12 PM CST
FRIDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

RAIN WILL CHANGE TO FREEZING RAIN BY LATE THURSDAY
MORNING...EASTWARD TO THE I-55 CORRIDOR. A GLAZE OF ICE UP TO A
QUARTER INCH THICK
WILL DEVELOP... ESPECIALLY ON ELEVATED
SURFACES BY LATE IN THE DAY...AS ARCTIC AIR CONTINUES TO FILTER
SOUTHEAST. THIS PRECIPITATION SHOULD CHANGE TO ALL SNOW BY LATE
EVENING...AND HEAVY SNOW IS EXPECTED OVERNIGHT...INTO FRIDAY
MORNING... WITH ACCUMULATIONS OF 6 TO 12 INCHES LIKELY...AND LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS POSSIBLE.

A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW...
SLEET...AND ICE ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. STRONG WINDS ARE ALSO
POSSIBLE. THIS WILL MAKE TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS OR IMPOSSIBLE.

I guess we are just getting an inch here in Madison, WI

although its currently raining and sleeting now but will later change to snow

I threw on the stockies today just incase.... sigh... the car looks so damn fugly with those 16's on it.... I absolutely HATE rockin the stocks :(

TONIGHT:
***WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR S.W. and S. C. WISC. UNTIL 3 AM***
Mostly cloudy, breezy, and much colder with rain showers changing to a period of freezing rain and sleet and eventually to snow showers; snow accumulations of 1-2” possible by morning.
Low: 23
Wind: N/NW 10-20 MPH

THURSDAY:
Mostly cloudy, breezy, and much colder with snow showers and flurries ending; some clearing in the afternoon.
High: 28
Wind: N 10-20 MPH

THURSDAY NIGHT:
Becoming mostly cloudy, breezy, and cold from Madison to the south and east with light snow or flurries developing late; partly cloudy and quite cold to the north and west of Madison.
Low: 21 (lows in the low to middle teens northwest of Madison)
Wind: N 10-20 MPH

FRIDAY:
Mostly cloudy, breezy, and cold with light snow and flurries ending from Madison to the east and south; partly sunny to the north and west of Madison.
High: 30
Wind: N/NW 10-20 MPH

Everyone drive carefully out there...

Luckily the SE just got put back together with the help of my dad today after being down for a month with timing belt woes. I can't wait till the build is done on the SVT!! I hate driving with a slipping clutch.:cry: Frosty will be getting put away for the winter tomorrow.

I think that a stage 3 is a little much for what I am going to do with the car. I am not doing F/I and I want the car to be streetable. I would love to help ya out, but I think a SPEC stage 1 is in line for me :)

Well, not much happening yet... a little freezing drizzle... nothing much. Now they are saying the snow will start about midnight tonight and fall at a rate of close to 2 inches per hour until mid-morning Friday, ending up with 8 to 12 inches accumulation by the time it is done...

I hope it does something with all the drama they are putting into the forecast. The last time the forecast was like this (in Jan or Feb of this year) we hardly got anything at all.

But it sure got cold..... 60's earlier this week, and yesterday morning it was still in the mid to upper 50's. Today it is in the upper 20's. Too much of a shock to the system for me. Reminds me of the movie "The Day After Tomorrow"

Frosty is now put away for the winter :cool: I had a little run in with the local sheriff tho, he musta been bored. I'm too tired to tell the story now, maybe tomorrow :laugh:

we are getting it hardcore! there is 6 inches on the ground and it is still going like a *******.

time for some AWD donuts?

We've gotten about 1/2 inch to an inch so far... its coming down pretty lightly but its windy as all hell... took me about an extra 15 minutes to get to work as it was pretty packed down and messy.

my AWD still is connected to the ground by the factory slicks.

We're getting hit pretty hard here as well.....500 school closings, my 30 minute commute to work took over an hour today.

~Josh

8 inches on the ground now and it is still a blizzard out. what a first snow of the year.

buy some Blizzaks or Winter Force tires for your AWD box... my falkens are ok but nothing to brag about.. I wish I would have sprung for steelies and Blizzaks. :(

Back