Goodbye Colorado, Hello Phoenix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodbye Colorado, Hello Phoenix

Well I am moving from my beautiful home in Boulder, Colorado where I have lived my whole life (by whole life I mean hell yes I still live with my parents) but I am staying in the SW. I am moving to Glendale (Phoenix) Arizona to go to school at Universal Technical Institute. If there is anybody who would like to have a little mini-meet somewhere in CO lets do it, I am only here for 3 more weeks and I have never met you guys. and In 3 weeks if anybody in Phoenix wants to meet up lets do that too
    99 Mercury Mystique LSVT Port matched 3L with some goodies
    74 Maverick 351 Windsor building 347 stroker
    86 Porsche 944 Turbo

There are still some of us left in the Phoenix area... and some more in other non-central AZ cities. If you're moving here in 3 weeks, be prepared for heat... it'll probably still be monsoon season too ;)
    morbid
    2011 Edge SEL AWD (black) - daily driver
    2000 Contour SVT (black); #61 (Sept 17, 1999)
    3L with ADC turbo kit; 325hp / 338tq @ 7psi
    car is down with a broken tranny

Comment

heat... yea! it's been 95 here, 118 there? F-that haha
      86 Porsche 944 Turbo

Comment

95, 118, screw all of that. 68deg - 82deg is where it's at.

That said I'll be down in the Tucson/Green Valley area probably sometime in Nov/Dec time frame to visit here... Caterpillar Tucson Proving Grounds, yes those trucks are as big as buildings

Guys should put on a meet then too ;)
        -Mike
        If you are wondering where the avatar came from look here... Link
        98 SVT Contour - HoK TruBlue|CF roof|#49/6535 DOB 3/25/97|550whp here I come|Follow my extremely slow 3L/turbo build here Link
        85 Camaro - 1969 350ci, 503BHP

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

hahah luckily it's *only* been around 105 lately... with 35-50% humidity.

I'd be up for a Tucson meet around then!
          morbid

Comment

as would I. I've been down here for about a week or so now and haven't seen a single SVT. A meet would be great
            86 Porsche 944 Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by CSVT#49 View Post
              95, 118, screw all of that. 68deg - 82deg is where it's at.

That said I'll be down in the Tucson/Green Valley area probably sometime in Nov/Dec time frame to visit here... Caterpillar Tucson Proving Grounds, yes those trucks are as big as buildings

Guys should put on a meet then too ;)
              LOL my GF and best friend work for CAT TPG! What do you do for CAT?

Originally posted by morbid View Post
              hahah luckily it's *only* been around 105 lately... with 35-50% humidity.

I'd be up for a Tucson meet around then!
              Lets do this! The Silver car is now at 98% (just waiting for the final tune - SCT freezes when data logging). I can cook too, if we don't end up somewhere else.
              98.5 Black SVT: Forged 3L•ADC turbo•Torsen•Fidanza•Morette headlights•Baer front•Milan rear•Koni Sport•Subframes•MSDS•SS 3" TruBendz Magnaflow•Samco
              98 SF LX: 3L•Torsen•Findanza•MSDS•Baer front•NPG rear•CAI & ShoShop•Koni Sport•Subframes•Borla•Samco

Comment

alright I'm pumped we will set something up when the time comes. Anybody know of some car shows I can check out in the Phoenix area? I need something to do
                86 Porsche 944 Turbo

Comment

I know it's late notice but I just heard about the pavilions car show an I think I am going to check it out tonight. If anybody has no plans tonight I would like to see you there
                  86 Porsche 944 Turbo

Comment

Sorry... I stepped away from car stuff for a bit (and this site).

Yep, the Pavilions is the best thing around here... we used to have occasional meets there with the Focus crowd. I'd be up for a meet there (now that the weather is starting to get nice), but my CSVT still is not back on the road. Greg's (TheFordGuy) silver CSVT is still at my house, but not registered... and he's picking it up around Oct 9th.

I'm planning to start working on my car next week... I want to quickly get the tranny out to see what the problem is.
                    morbid

Comment

Originally posted by CSVT#49 View Post
                      That said I'll be down in the Tucson/Green Valley area probably sometime in Nov/Dec time frame to visit here...
                      How are we looking for your visit, any time frame yet?

Originally posted by morbid View Post
                      I'm planning to start working on my car next week... I want to quickly get the tranny out to see what the problem is.
                      Let me know which weekend and what tools you want me to bring...
                      98.5 Black SVT: Forged 3L•ADC turbo•Torsen•Fidanza•Morette headlights•Baer front•Milan rear•Koni Sport•Subframes•MSDS•SS 3" TruBendz Magnaflow•Samco
                      98 SF LX: 3L•Torsen•Findanza•MSDS•Baer front•NPG rear•CAI & ShoShop•Koni Sport•Subframes•Borla•Samco

Comment

Working...
                      X