• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ford strut removal tool

contour_r_us

Hard-core CEG'er
To my NW 'Tourites (how did Aussie say it?): I have this tool, brand new, never used, available for "loan" by you. No $$, just extending my good fortune to own one of these - son works at CarQuest and was able to locate a brand new one for me!!!

Just let me know, and we can arrange pickup/drop off. Here is the "scoop":

http://www.otctools.com/products/ford_strut_removal_tool

Ford Strut Removal Tool (discontinued)
• Works on: – 1986–2004 Ford Taurus/Mercury Sable, front and rear. – 1995–2000 Ford Contour/Mercury Mystique, front and rear. – 1999–2002 Mercury Cougar, front and rear. – 1995–2003 Ford Windstar, front. • This strut removal tool incorporates a long lever arm working against the strut's lower spring plate with a fulcrum pushing the knuckle down, creating maximum leverage. Frees bottom of the strut from the knuckle. • Better than a pry bar. • Instructional video included.

No instructional video, though hard copy instructions included.

huh, didn't know such a thing existed, should be simple to fab one up, but I have a knuckle removal tool already, most people call it a sledge hammer though :)

Slightly more finesse than the BFT.......this not only seperates the strut from the knuckle, it lifts the strut up and out.....opposite direction than the BFT.

Slightly more finesse than the BFT.......this not only seperates the strut from the knuckle, it lifts the strut up and out.....opposite direction than the BFT.

Great for 4-bolt control arms, since they have so much less deflection than the 2-bolt models and require the strut/spring assembly to lift up to clear the knuckle.

OK, this makes TOTAL sense - to date I have only dealt wirth the 4 bolt LCA's and they are a PIA to deflect (w/o this tool), even with in excess of 150K miles on them!!!
Good observation/data point B3NN3TT !!

Back