• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

We should start organizing a spring meet

DDV

CEG'er
Ya think?

Here we've already missed the two sunny days of late winter.

Hopefully when the weather FINALLY clears up and we have no more snow, we SHOULD get together.

Ideas?

David

Fun Runs are always good. I'm all about a BBQ / show n shine / mods & repair meet too. I'm really open for anything now. ANY meet is a good meet.

A BBQ would be very cool, i can just see the parking lot of where ever full of tour's:crazy:

NO DRINKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unless you can do it stealth, and don't wander off alone with an alcoholic beverage as you may get bum rushed:eek:

Na drink up all is good, just need someone to blow into my breathalizer for me.

man havent heard from you til now wasnt sure if you had a chance to play with it yet or not. lol Glad to see shes treating you as well as she did me.
Ill post pix of my new toys as soon as i get some taken...

Any suggestions as to what to do? There are some driver's schools coming up later this year at PIR -- I think there's one next month, even. Anyone else wanna go to one of them? I mean, you're ALL going to attend one of those this year, right?!? :laugh:

Any suggestions as to what to do? There are some driver's schools coming up later this year at PIR -- I think there's one next month, even. Anyone else wanna go to one of them? I mean, you're ALL going to attend one of those this year, right?!? :laugh:

PM me info.......

Do we drive our car? None of my cars are ready!!!!!!!!!!!

A meet?

Wow.

What timing. My car looks like a junker. Bought 2 jackpoint covers, and before I could get them painted and set to put on, a third one fell off. One side skirt was off following the big winter snow storm, have not had it put back on yet, but now the other one is coming loose.

And someone keeps getting cigarette ashes around the car's interior and little coffee spills by the console. If only I knew who did it, then I could sic my wife on that bad person...

At least my ghetto-looking ride is running well.

A possible meet conflict: Coaching little league with lots of weekend games.

Doh! I guess I should pay attention after I make a post! :troutslap:

Cascade Sports Car Club's school info can be found at www.cascadesportscarclub.org. Click on the Driver Training section at the top of the page. The next one is late in April, then early June, with a couple more later in the year.

Yes, you use your own vehicle, and the cost is $200. It looks like the price has gone up a little bit again. It's still a great deal, though. There is a school in a classroom the night before, where they cover car control, and a bunch of stuff. Then you're at the track all the next day where there are usually four sessions of 15-20 minutes each. You'll need a helmet, but they do rent them for $10 or so if you don't have one.

So, there ya go! :)

Now I have work to do...

Now I have work to do...

Well, I think the driving school is out for me, no way my car would pass the safety inspection :blackeye:. I'm down for some sort of meet tho, just need a few weeks to complete my two tone door panels, chase down all the electrical problems in the doors, glue my poor blown speakers back together, and wash the damn thing.

I can run the stang i think, i have koni's and stickies she will handle, no wait i still need the 5-speed, i may be able to get one swapped out in the next month month in a half. Do i need a cage in the vert? As for the tour I dont want to run her without the oil accusump so i dont throw a rod and need my end links and r. sway bar bushings on to get rid of that dam clunk rattle issue! Grrrr Groove, when you grease your bushings does it cure the rattle issue for a while? Could i do this with regular tools in my driveway?

I think the clunk/rattle is an actual broken sway bar mount. The grease only stops it from squeaking for a while. I don't think it takes anything special to R&R the rear sway bar and links, but if you've got a broken mount, I think that requires welding, replacement parts or something like that. Check in the Suspension section for accurate info. :)

Yes, open top/convertable cars need at least a rollbar. I've had my SVT there and had no oil problems without an Accusump. Just be sure to run an extra half-quart in it, which you should do anyway without an Accusump. The first time or two there, I hadn't heard about the oiling problem, so I'm glad nothing happened from running the factory-recommended amount of oil!

Back