• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

10/26 Strip it

Sunday is the day we set to start tearing down this car. we need to leave it drivalbe but everything else is comming off...
Here is a few pix.
CIMG0072.jpg

CIMG0074.jpg

CIMG0075.jpg

CIMG0076.jpg

CIMG0073.jpg

You know I will be there to have some fun and we will be able to have a mini meet if people come in their contours.

Ok so if we need it driveable I'll bring my cloth seats so there will be something besides a milk crate to sit on. :laugh: Im celebrating my nephews birthday on the 26th, but Im free all day Monday. If you can hold the parts I want until Monday I'll be there to get them and trade you a very nice cloth set to put in there.
-tropictour

Time slot and directions to your house?... And do we need to bring tools to help strip her?... Good looking tour though to strip

that's the prairie tan interior isn't it? Anybody called the dash?
I have dash warp on mine and i've noticed lately it seems that it is happening by the cluster too. So if nobody has called the dash i'd be willing to try and make the drive next weekend and pull it out. I'll throw some money down for it of course.

would the dash fit in the back of a tour?

Dont worry bout the other seat. i just need it to be able to get moved, and onto a dolly so a crate would work just fine.

Send pm for address. as far as time im thinking starting at 10ish.. and on til when ever... But lets think about lunch... i got a BBQr so lets think about bringing some grub. we should start a list of whos bringing what.

Tools, yes id say bring what you can, mainly cause the brunt of my tools are at work now and with so many ppl there we will need multiples of the same thing...

Ya the dash should fit no problem.

I'm free Sunday to help strip and I need the power window mechanism out of the driver's door, maybe the wiring harnesses out of the back doors, who knows what else. Time to go over my car again.

Well i need a bunch of parts here and there... but i do need some parts off the dash, but im sure we can figure it out when we get there... So as food goes:shrug: i can bring what ever... So chips? And maybe a Potato Salad?:shrug:

And pulling that dash is hard to get out of the car without hurting other parts... So thats going to be pretty fun.. ive done it already twice so i go the jist of it kinda :rolleyes:, maybe

So we have heard lol... I got it, we shall watch him do it and we can eat:shrug: lol jk... But if he doesnt mind driving up and helping thats cool with me.... dont know if its worth his time though

Just remember to bring cash accordingly, cause if money dont come,parts dont go, its only fair to the one who bought the car and selling parts it is cheap but not a free for all.:laugh:
Its best that if you want big things lets us know ahead of time so we can work things out.
Other than that CU there.
BTW. you have to pm me to get the address. Id perfer everyone to get it from me and not someone else, this way i can keep tabs on how many to expect. it is a duplex and i have to keep mindful of my neighbors.
;)

well meaning you said it was grey, and i said since it's not tan im out.
I'd assume that means it would be back up for grabs.

well then hoki poki i guess ill start a new fiber glass project with it. I just wanted to be clear that there wasnt anyones else.

Feel free to stop by just to hang if youd like.
For those who are coming please lets start figuring on food....
I got the BBQr and Drinks, Yes 21+ and yungin freindly.

Back