• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Wheel Opinions and Tire Size Opinions Please

SVT607

CEG'er
:laugh: I am thinking about the following rims for my black 98 SVTC, I would love some opinions on them. If anyone has pics of these on their car, would love to see them. Also, I don't know whether I should get 225/40 18, or 225/35 18 size tires. Any input will be gladly appreciated. Car is getting painted this week, so, new wheels and tires need to go with it :cool:
Thanks everyone,
Mike in NY

S45%20Sacchi%20245%20Hypersilver.jpg

moz-screenshot-6.png
moz-screenshot-7.png

225/40 or a 215/40 - stay away from 35's if you can. More tire, the safer your wheels will be.

depends on wheel offset and tire. Some tires in a 225 bulge out on the sides more than others and they will rub, others won't. Hard to say until you have them mounted. Stick with the 215 then if you are not sure. I think my KMC units were a 45mm offset with a 225/40/18 and they were tight. I had to hammer the rear bumper tab out so it didn't cut into the tire. You couldn't put your finger between the wheel well and the tire, it was that close.

Dsc01044.jpg

AQ.jpg

Those wheels should look good:cool: .My question is will you be keeping the original wheels:shrug: if not PM me

It also depends on the drop you have. Fuz there is dropped like 2" or so. The less drop you have, the less amount of a chance there is that you're gonna rub. I'd say go for a 225/40 or a 215/40 for the same reason as the Fuz; more sidewall = safer rim and more comfortable ride.

To the OP, those rims look pretty good!

It also depends on the drop you have. Fuz there is dropped like 2" or so. The less drop you have, the less amount of a chance there is that you're gonna rub.

^ true

Here is a 225/40/18 on a stock suspension, my bro's E0 SVT:
8-25-2009004.jpg

8-25-2009006.jpg

I have the stock SVTC suspension and I dont think I'll be changing it, at least not anytime soon. So, Your bro doesn't get any rub with the stock suspension and the 225/40 18's?

Oh and Royalblue, ya, i am keeping the stock 16's and putting winter tires on them for those awesome NY winters. haha. But, if I do decide to let them go, you will be the first to know for sure ;)

just sent you a PM, but I also have a set of 15 inch alloy's you could use for winter that would probably be better in the snow ;)

Back