• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Interesting Tire Review - Car and Driver

Chas

Veteran CEG'er
review

Just found this review after searching for better pricing on Falken RT-615's. Discount used to have them for $144 (225/40/18), and now the price is over $200!

It seems the best valve is the Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, ranked 2nd and priced around $120 (225/40/18).

I thought you guys might like the article :cool:

Thanks for the link! I'm needing tires ASAP. I'll use this review and Goumba's review and probably roll with the Hankooks.
Erick --

I have the Hankook Ventus V12 Evos in the stock E1 tire size just have to mount them got them from discounttires.com. so I will see how they perform when we put them on!!

I'm just now looking to replace my stock wheels/tires on my 98.5 SVT. I have done no suspension mods. I want a larger sized wheel/tire on there to fill the big gap you see around the wheel well, but don't want to cause any rubbing and don't want wheels sticking out. Will 18" wheel/tires rub on a stock suspension SVT?

I'm just now looking to replace my stock wheels/tires on my 98.5 SVT. I have done no suspension mods. I want a larger sized wheel/tire on there to fill the big gap you see around the wheel well, but don't want to cause any rubbing and don't want wheels sticking out. Will 18" wheel/tires rub on a stock suspension SVT?

It depends on what width/ratio you pick. Also, wheel offset will plap a factor. Most people go with 225/45/18, any wider than 225, anf you may have issues. On wheel offset, i belive most go for 42-45. Either way, you may still need to roll the fender lips in.

Back