• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Baer Track-Plus Brake Kit

CSVT#49

Addicted CEG'er
So I figured being this is the brake section there should be details as to what is needed to get the Baer brake kit as I did not find anything in this section when I initially searched. All details were in group buys or pics and vids. So that said these are the part numbers to buy and these are the prices you can expect to pay followed with photos of what to expect.

Baer Track Kit (Cougar/Contour/Mystique 95>) p/n 1261006, expect to pay anywhere from $820-$1200

Baer Plus upgrade (for two-piece cross-drilled and slotted rotors) p/n 0902005, expect to pay anywehere from $250-$350

I paid $1,214.17 shipped for the part numbers above through USABrakes.com and this is what I received...

Shipping invoice:
invoicer.jpg

Kit Pics:
holybox.jpg
opening.jpg

linesr.jpg
calipers.jpg

calipersbrackets.jpg

big a$$ rotors...
bigrotor.jpg
thickrotor.jpg

Overview of kit (minus lines and fittings)
wholekit.jpg

Did yours come with hubcentric rings? Mine did... and they just wouldn't fit. Baer said that their 1 piece rotors required the rings... and that the 2 piece was already hubcentric.

Did yours come with hubcentric rings? Mine did... and they just wouldn't fit. Baer said that their 1 piece rotors required the rings... and that the 2 piece was already hubcentric.

I haven't installed these yet as my car is currently getting painted. However I believe that it did come with hubcentric rings although you don't need them. You see they remove the standard rotors from the 1261006 kit and replace the rotors with the 2 piece 0902005 rotors. Because you still receive the rest of the 1261006 kit you also receive the hubcentric rings, which are no longer needed. Or at least that's what I believe is the case.

Does anyone have the instructions in electronic form? If not, does the pin that holds the caliper to the bracket face up, and does the bleeder face up or down? I have baer brakes on my car and I think they were installed wrong.

Does anyone have the instructions in electronic form? If not, does the pin that holds the caliper to the bracket face up, and does the bleeder face up or down? I have baer brakes on my car and I think they were installed wrong.

I don't recall the orientation of the pin, but bleeder screws should ALWAYS point up.

See install pictures, bleeder faces up (as it should always, like Rara mentioned) and the pin is on the top side. This is dictated by the orientation of the pads and the bracket.

I cant seem to find anywhere to purchase new rotors and pads for this kit. Any suggestions?

For rotors, I'm pretty sure you have to contact Baer directly. They can get pads for you too, but any 94-04 Mustang Cobra (except Cobra R) pads will fit just fine.

I'll just casually pick up a set next time I'm at the plating shop with mine....lol!
Ooops! Thought those were mine, my bad.

You dont have enough speed to need those, hand the brake kit over dude.:laugh:

just another thing you can do to improve on a "built" car.

actually, i can see MANY things that were kinda..........i'll call it "hastily" done on your whip. i do give you props ryan, everything you do is an improvement. keep up the good work ya d-bag ;)

just another thing you can do to improve on a "built" car.

actually, i can see MANY things that were kinda..........i'll call it "hastily" done on your whip. i do give you props ryan, everything you do is an improvement. keep up the good work ya d-bag ;)
he wont touch the brakes the FSVT's he thinks are upgrade enough.............:shrug:

Back