• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Replacing front oval grille

Rishodi

CEG'er
The mounts for my front oval grille have all broken. I fixed them with glue a few years ago, but they've all popped in two again, and now I just want to buy a new one. I'm wondering: is the only difference between the SVT and non-SVT oval grille the styling of the black plastic grille itself? I ask because the non-SVT grille is a bit cheaper, and the looks don't matter to me since I have the Stazi mesh anyway.

The only different is the mesh design, fitment is the same. but imo the svt grill gives a nice touch to the front valence.

yes the center section where the mesh is is different, but since it is getting aftermarket mesh its not going to matter. but when it comes to a SE grill the slats are alittle harder to remove then the SVT plastic mesh

yes the center section where the mesh is is different, but since it is getting aftermarket mesh its not going to matter. but when it comes to a SE grill the slats are alittle harder to remove then the SVT plastic mesh

I have a dremel and determination, I'm sure I can take care of it. Thanks for the responses!

Back