• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ford Racing Performance Short Throw Shifter GB!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSVT#49

Addicted CEG'er
Alright well I talked with Steve over at Tousley Ford and he can sell us this Ford Racing short throw shifter (P/N M-7210-Z3)... for 5% over cost! This will amount to $68.25

However, and this is important, this shifter is being discontinued. Whatever Ford has left in stock is what they got. Steve told me he wasn't sure how many were out there, but if we got a group together (he didn't say how many, I'm guessing 10) he could look into ordering enough to cover us directly from Ford Racing Performance Parts.

Here is a picture from the shifter I just got today.

shifter1fy7.jpg

Last edited:
Your reverse lockout almost looks chrome.....is it?

My steeda short throw has a lot more a brushed aluminum/billet look to it.

Have you tried to install it yet or know how its size compares to the Steeda?

Also for those interested do you know if the riser plate is required?

Your reverse lockout almost looks chrome.....is it?

My steeda short throw has a lot more a brushed aluminum/billet look to it.

Have you tried to install it yet or know how its size compares to the Steeda?

Also for those interested do you know if the riser plate is required?

I believe the reverse lockout is brushed aluminum.

As for the comparison to the Steeda I wouldn't know as I have never seen one or driven a car that has had one.

I also believe you need the riser plate for it. However I'll check to see when I install it either tomorrow or Wed.

Be sure to let us know. I think I might get one at that price even though I already have a Steeda installed.

From you bag of parts there that is exactly what came w/ the Steeda shifter. Same size box and everything. It would be a sealed deal if Ford Racing would include a nice shift nob.

Do you think we could get them to add a nob for a combined discount or work out some sort of deal?

Im in and I already have a plate if its needed. This is a hell of alot better price than the Steeda and I always prefer to but Ford products.
-tropictour

I will take one. Not sure what number I am, so I will start a list. If you do not agree with the list i have started please put me on it.

1. Cinder

Do we even know if this will bolt up? I'm in if it does!

Yes it will bolt up. I'll be installing mine either tomorrow or Wed. and will show pics

im in for the 70 odd buxs thats a good deal whats the throw like and how short compared to stock. also if its a direct bolt on

Again it should bolt up, but as for the throw I do not know yet. I'll measure a before and after when I install it.

What do you mean by welding the bottom?

I think he is referring to the B&M that has a tendency to break off at the bottom so some have reinforced welded it. If this Ford Racing one is anything like the Steeda you will not need to weld/reinforce anything. It is a strong unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back