• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

GB: Upgraded Endlinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

striker2

Official CEG Vendor
There is NO warranty expressed or implied on these endlinks. IF you should have a problem with one you MUST send the entire link back to me for an inspection. If after an inspection the problem is found to be a manufacturing defect I will then fix/replace the problem at no cost to you. If however the problem is found to be from installation error or any kind of abuse (that includes road hazards) I will give you the available options to fix/replace the link at the buyers cost.

These are beefed up front and rear sway bar endlinks. The fronts are adjustable from ~1/2” shorter to ~1/2” longer than stock. This will allow you to keep the sway bar closer to the proper position when lowering the car. It would also allow you to adjust the preload of the bar one way or another to fine tune the handling of the car, mostly turn-in. The increased strength of these endlinks also means they won’t break or bend. The ends are 3 piece precision rod ends with a self lubricating Teflon Kevlar race.

After I installed the fronts I noticed a great improvement in turn-in in both directions, even with them set to equal lengths (how they should be installed initially). The lack of slop in the joints means the sway bar can act faster, which gets the improved turn-in.

The rears are a good upgrade from the cheap stock units and replaces the cheap rubber bushings with poly bushings. While they are technically adjustable, the shortest/minimum setting is where they need to be. With these installed, along with the fronts, the car feels much more balanced and stable in the corners.

there have been a few design changes since the last group buy, and unfortunately i dont have any new pics of the changes. there are 3 major changes, the first is that the spacers are now machined cone spacers, while this does add a few dollars to the overall cost, it means that each and every link has the same range of motion. the second is that the front links use a slightly longer rod, 1/2" longer. this length was not offered from my supplier before but makes for more thread engagement and the ability to make them a little longer than before if needed without any change in price. the third change is the use of slightly shorter bolts in the rears. I had a couple people with cars on coilovers that had some problems getting the rear links as short as needed due to a few inconstancies with the thread length on the 3" bolt. I have since sourced 2 3/4" bolts which still offer enough thread engagement for full height while allowing them to go all the way down without issues.

I will also sell just the spacers for those of you that already have a set of the endlinks but want the newer spacers.

Pictures of the fronts:
100_0881.jpg

Cell phone pics of one installed
SSPX0307.jpg

SSPX0308.jpg

Rears:
100_0880.jpg

HPIM1166.jpg

installed pic taken by rollinstylee.

New cone spacer
38800x600.jpg

Pricing is as follows:
All prices are plus shipping

1 pair of Front endlinks: $90
1 pair of rear endlinks: $60
1 full set (pair fronts + pair rears): $140
4 spacers (enough for both rear links or 1 front link, only needed if you have an older set of my links that doesnt have the new spacers): $5

Shipping:
Shipping will be via USPS, but UPS can be used if the buyer wants but we will have to work out cost (should be pretty close to the same though).
Fronts or a full set will be: $11
Rears will be: $5
Multiple sets or not in the U.S.: PM me before ordering.
Shipping for spacers only: $1
I can also combine shipping if you get endlinks as well, it will be just the cost of the shipping for the toe arms.

Payment:
PAYPAL ONLY. I have already calculated paypal fees into these prices so there is no need to add it.
Paypal address is: sales at tztperformance dot com

When you send payment please include your screen name, real name, shipping info, what forum your from (CEG/NECO) and what you are purchasing (toe arms, endlinks, both, and which option for the toe arms).

current list:

GROUP 1
1. Jaged - full set of spacers (NECO) SHIPPED
2. Beans - Rear set. (CEG) SHIPPED
3. SQuAlL-NT - 1 full set (pair fronts + pair rears) (CEG) SHIPPED
4. black99se - 1 full set (CEG) SHIPPED
5. imnotacop420 - Front Set (CEG) SHIPPED
6. LinkMan - Full set of spacers (NECO) SHIPPED
7. Fastford - 1 Full Set (CEG) SHIPPED
8. 81built2hill81 - Full set (NECO) SHIPPED

GROUP 2
1. Gorman - full set of spacers (CEG) SHIPPED
2. zerg1024 - Full set (CEG) SHIPPED
3. S.BOOGIE2468 - Full set of links plus an extra set of spacers (NECO) SHIPPED
4. online-guru - Full Set (NECO) SHIPPED
5. alien_yet_familiar - full set (CEG) SHIPPED
6. nadthomas - Rear set (NECO) SHIPPED
7. Jasonspero - full set (NECO) SHIPPED
8. kwg2371 - rear set (NECO) SHIPPED
9. wantsansvt - full set (CEG) SHIPPED
10. specko - full set (NECO) SHIPPED
11. k2ss - full set (NECO) SHIPPED
12. Silver Rocket - rear set (CEG) SHIPPED
13. AndrewM6097 - Full set (NECO) SHIPPED
14. rbls4ever - full set (NECO) SHIPPED

Group 3

1. 2kBlackCatGirl - Full set (NECO) SHIPPED
2. deewa - Full set (NECO) SHIPPED
3. gameOVER - Full Set (CEG) SHIPPED
4. Tuftour - Full Set (CEG) SHIPPED
5. finn ocannon - Full Set (NECO) SHIPPED
6. pithon987- Full Set (CEG) SHIPPED
7. Supah Stah -Full Set (CEG) SHIPPED
8. nuty1der - Full Set (NECO) SHIPPED
9. CRG Racer24 - Full Set w/ Spacers (CEG) SHIPPED
10. Tygerr - Full set of Spacers (NECO) SHIPPED

Group 4

1. Stuart-Grant - Full Set (NECO) SHIPPED
2.Necronommicon - Full Set (CEG) SHIPPED
3. Zman - full set of spacers (NECO) SHIPPED
4. Strife - Full Set (NECO) SHIPPED
5. Mogomoss - Full Set (NECO) SHIPPED
6. 00YellowCougarSE - Full Set (NECO) SHIPPED
7. Seafire XV - Full set of spacers (CEG) SHIPPED
8. Gpoole30 - Full Set (CEG) SHIPPED

Group 5

1. Jayorich - Full Set (NECO) SHIPPED
2. BoOgIeMaN_SE - Full Set (CEG)SHIPPED
3. Hopeless02 - Full Set (NECO) PAID
4. jwjulian - rear set (CEG) SHIPPED
5. alisai - Rear set (NECO) SHIPPED
6. southsiderida90 - Full Set (NECO) SHIPPED
7. Dino Macri - Front set + spacers (CEG) SHIPPED

Group 6

1. ikaika808 - Front set (CEG)
2. Brent372 - full set (CEG)
3. biminiLX - Full set (CEG)
4. Hydrargyrum - 1 Full Set (CEG)
5. SVT Doood - 1 Full Set (CEG)
6. Daven- Full Set (CEG)
7. BigBalledOX - Full set (NECO)
8. simon74 - Full Set (CEG)
9. the mad newfie - Fronts only (CEG)
10. speed-cat - Full set (CEG) PAID
11. DonKingKong - Full Set (CEG) PAID
12. 79mustang351w - Front Set (CEG) PAID
13. JRoX85 - Full Set (CEG)
14. HotRodV6- Full set (CEG)
15. offthewallds - Rear Only (CEG)
16. cwit703 - Full Set (CEG)
17. mach1351 - full spacers (NECO) PAID
18. JFBP4991 - Full Set (NECO) PAID
19. work_in_progress - Full Set (NECO) PAID
20. wabble - 2 Full sets (NECO) PAID
21. svttouruofl - Full spacers (CEG)

Striker2,

I purchased a set of these from you in your GB in early 2009. I waited to install your "upgraded RSB endlinks" along with a 100% suspension overhaul/rebuild/upgrade (BAT strut/spring kit, SBC's, BAT 21MM RSB, OMP front strut tower brace, etc) all at the same time in mid 9/2010 and just under 3K miles ago. I have not had a problem with any other part I installed except that the red poly bushings in your upgraded RSB links went bad in less than 3K miles. I just ordered a OEM set of RSB endlinks from BAT because I can't stand the god awful noises these bad bushing are making. Had it verified from a local shop here in Indy called Performance Driven LLC, which is who installed them along with all the other suspension work I recently had done.

Is there anything you can do (return/exchange, refund my $ & I refund you the parts)???

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance...

are these already made and ready to ship?

these are not made and ready to ship, I am going to order parts in groups of ten or more. I also have this setup on NECO.

ukfan50, send me a PM and we can discuss it there. I honestly cant see how the bushings went bad in under 3K miles unless they were installed either too tight or too loose but we will work something out for you.

When do you need the money? When you get ten or do you need it right away? I want to get in on this but don't have the cash at the moment

Gorman, I will have to work out a price for the spacers shipped to you. maybe you can find at least 1 other owner nearby that wants a set and I could put your spacers in with them?

When do you need the money? When you get ten or do you need it right away? I want to get in on this but don't have the cash at the moment

once we get at least 10 sets (preferably 10 sets of endlinks, not just spacers but i wont make people wait weeks to get 10 people sets of links on the list) on the list I will start collecting money. After 10 people have paid I will order the parts (usually takes 2-3 days to get to me) and then get them made up and shipped out.

1. Jaged - full set of spacers (NECO)
2. Gorman - full set of spacers (CEG)
3. Beans - Rear set (CEG)
4. ikaika808 - Front set (CEG)

5. SQuAlL-NT - 1 full set (pair fronts + pair rears) (CEG)

6. Hydrargyrum - 1 Full Set (CEG)

im going to add myself to the list but im pending, depending on if i have the money when you need it, sorry

7. gameOVER - 1 Full Set (CEG)

8. black99se - 1 full set (CEG)

Count me in for a full set and spacers for all.Shoot me a IM.Paypal ready!

I just want to make sure that you want a complete set of links? perhaps the way I worded it was a little weird, but all new sets already come with the cone spacers. the only reason I have them listed separately as well is for anyone who has bought a set of my links in the past and wants to install the newer spacers.

I just want to make sure that you want a complete set of links? perhaps the way I worded it was a little weird, but all new sets already come with the cone spacers. the only reason I have them listed separately as well is for anyone who has bought a set of my links in the past and wants to install the newer spacers.

Yes,I would like a complete set.with all hardware / spacers.Thanks

Had the full set installed with BAT struts/rear sway bar and H&R springs at 20k, now has 67k true daily driving miles and they work great, would by again.
PM sent.
-J

8. black99se - 1 full set (CEG)
9. imnotacop420- Front Set (CEG)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back