• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Car-B-Q

Brent372

Official SE Event Coordinator
Saw this on the side of the highway today

IMG_3315.JPG

Few questions...why is it facing the wrong way, and what the hell are the lights on the roof?

Was it being towed and it released and hit someone else?

:confused:

There was a tow truck (flatbed) a little ways up with a car already on the bed, and it had its tow-arms out, so I think it was being towed when it caught fire.

Was definitely being towed from behind. Look in front of the back tire on the ground. Believe that to be the bar that traps the tire. There are some idiots out there I tell ya.

it looks like it is a mazda 626, and more then likely it was still in park when it was being towed. what a shame

i'm w/project svt. otherwise i'd put my money on a leaking fuel filter,its in the engine bay right next to the tranny/engine

it certainly looks like it was towed from the wrong end I bet that got that trans nice and hot until something caught fire. I hope the towing comapny had Insurance and that I never use them.

Or being towed with a draggin caliper. Rotor heats up, fluid catches fire, viola...burning car on the side of the road.

Back