• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

*Updated* Topshop Hood Poll

*Updated* Topshop Hood Poll

• Cowl w/NACA duct

Votes: 18 37.5%
  • Cowl w/o duct

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • EVO

Votes: 16 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Option two needs to be number 1 without the naca duct. Like we've been talking about since the beginning :shrug:. I didnt think it was hard to understand.

The cowl hood pictured in two is.... already in existence! crazy I know.

Option two needs to be number 1 without the naca duct. Like we've been talking about since the beginning :shrug:. I didnt think it was hard to understand.

The cowl hood pictured in two is.... already in existence! crazy I know.

Does it really matter what option number is what? Everyone else seems to understand fine:shrug: Also I know the cowl pictured is already in production. Since I didn't know what the cowl was going to look like I labeled it saying that it may look like the one pictured. Option 2 was supposed to illustrate what the Cowl may look like on the contour, and not saying that exact cowl hood shown. I guess i should have been more specific

Last edited:
Does it really matter what option number is what? Everyone else seems to understand fine:shrug: Also I know the cowl pictured is already in production. Since I didn't know what the cowl was going to look like I labeled it saying that it may look like the one pictured. Option 2 was supposed to illustrate what the Cowl may look like on the contour, and not saying that exact cowl hood shown. I guess i should have been more specific

Are you serious?

The debate this entire time... this whole time. was (old poll) option one WITH naca duct, and option one WITHOUT. What do you mean 'to get an idea what a cowl would look like', ITS OPTION 1 WITHOUT A DUCT! :shrug:

Are you serious?

The debate this entire time... this whole time. was (old poll) option one WITH naca duct, and option one WITHOUT. What do you mean 'to get an idea what a cowl would look like', ITS OPTION 1 WITHOUT A DUCT! :shrug:

To me option 1 looks like an OEM hood with a duct and not a cowl with a duct. I thought it would help to see what a cowl hood would look like since the cowl would be made to fit the Nautilus supercharger. Listen if its that important to you, since you're a mod, go ahead and change the poll to your liking cause i rather not clutter up this thread as well.

BTW: I added another description to option 2

I wasn't going to get into all of this pointless bickering, but here goes. If we don't come to a decision we will never get any thing made, so the problem is that we need to pick one hood & right now we have more than 1! I was against doing another poll but you know what my suggestion is DO ANOTHER POLL!

Step 1 Make it cowl with OR without duct vs evo style, Minimal discussion needed just vote.
Step 2 Then since it seems the winner would be the cowl type by the current poll just do 1 more poll w/ the cowl with/without & let the poll determine the winner & let Topshop do their thing.
We could skip step 1 since its almost certain the evo would lose, & I want the evo style but i'm up for compromise.

Time limit the poll to 5-7 days & lets wrap this up fellas.

To me option 1 looks like an OEM hood with a duct and not a cowl with a duct. I thought it would help to see what a cowl hood would look like since the cowl would be made to fit the Nautilus supercharger. Listen if its that important to you, since you're a mod, go ahead and change the poll to your liking cause i rather not clutter up this thread as well.

BTW: I added another description to option 2

I dont mod this forum, I'm just green.

You can clearly see that option one has a cowl, I think the idea was to have a clean design that could be interpreted as OEM:shrug:. We all discussed it in the last thread. How many OEM contour hoods come up that high on the cowl? thats only a 1-2" cowl. Perfect for Joey's supercharger, not that it should be the deciding factor since WE are deciding on a hood WE all like. Unless Joey is going to plop down enough cash to cover 10+ people to give him 10+ votes....

Im done now, there is no sense arguing with people these days. The new trends are tasteless.

IIRC joey said he would throw down the cash to make it happen then buy the mold so he could sell the hoods as part of his kit.

think it was in the other hood Gb thread

Well since everyone else has chimed in I guess I will too...

Why wasn't the poll just two hood designs like we had talked about in the other thread? Also why did you not allow people just one vote?

This is what needs to be done...

Option #1: Cowl hood with duct
Option #2: Cowl hood

DONE! Which ever wins, wins and get the thing made. I mean damn people this is ridiculous.

I sure have been waiting a while....

If you don't like the one that wins, then don't buy it, simple as that. :shrug:

Well since everyone else has chimed in I guess I will too...

Why wasn't the poll just two hood designs like we had talked about in the other thread? Also why did you not allow people just one vote?

DONE! Which ever wins, wins and get the thing made. I mean damn people this is ridiculous.

Actually it should have been between option #1 and option #3. Why make #2 it already exhists?

keep in mind that a cowl hood isnt going to expel heat while moving. its actually going to suck air into the engine bay.

Ok I know everyone is losing patience with this topic, and trust me so am I, so I'm going to start another poll. First I'll answer the questions I never got a chance to answer

any idea how high the cowl would be? just wondering how much of a difference it would be than a stock hood.
I'm not sure how high the cowl is going to be. I'm assuming higher than stock, but not as high as the Cowl thats available now. The idea that was discussed in the first thread was at least 2" to give the necessary clearance for the supercharger.
BurritaSVT said:
I can't see all the pics but I would really like to see one that has 2" lift in the middle of the motor for the roots style blower I would buy enough along with everyone else to make a group buy and hopefully then keep the mould so I can supply the kit and hood as a combo option. I think it would be beneficial for everyone to try to make hood clearance so I can mate up a M90 ported for serious power adders which only requires one more inch taller than the M62 root blower let me know if you get this going I will be a big contributor are tell them I can contact them for orders Joey

I could not ignore the amount of interest in the EVO hood from the first thread. There were actually more or the same amount of interest in it as the NACA duct hood, and the second poll proves that again. Especially since they may not be available anymore. Also the multiple votes thing was a mistake on my part. I didn't realize that was checked when I made the poll

Anyway, the next poll will only last for 6 days. Another poll will not be made unless there is a tie. The winner gets made. Simple!

If there are any specific questions as to why I did something concerning the poll, please just PM me. Let's try to keep the clutter out of the new thread. Sorry for all this madness, but hopefully this will create a solution once and for all.
{J}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back