• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My Mystique

ukravit

CEG'er
I finally got a Mystique. It has leather , CD , Sunroof, power antenna. It came with new tires and struts, and the alternator has been replaced. I already put SVT front brakes on, SVT instrument cluster, SVT intake manifold/TB and air filter assy. SVT front and rear bumpers and wheels. I painted the grille and darkened the headlights. It was filthy when I got it , I used a few bottles of 409 cleaner and a lot of elbow grease. I paid 1000.00 , fair deal I think.

100_1746.jpg

That looks pretty darn good. Is the bottom of the Mystique grille the same curvature of the Ford grille? It looks to be so as fitment looks prefectly fine. Well, in the picture that is.

Awesome work on it, love the headlights, for some reason, the front bumper does not seem to mix in with the cars color. Nevertheless, well done.

Whoa Steve, I just spotted this thread! Nice quick work man! Looking for rear brakes for ya....

Holy hell.. very nice. How come in all of my searches for a decent looking hood scoop/louver I never found those?! Any detail on the install and info on what year Thunderbirds... I'm assuming 87-88, which may make it difficult to find.

I think its 86-88 turbo coupe. They show up on ebay from time to time. I gave 15.00 for the pair. They dont work so well on a contour hood because the slope is different and the scoops are pretty flat on top. The mystique hood is pretty flat in the middle which helps. I inverted the scoops and put right where left goes, traced them, allowed 1/4th inch for mounting. drilled a hole at each corner and used a jigsaw to make the openings. I used a small bead of 3M winshield urethane to secure them, they aren't moving. I barely ran into the underhood brace on the left side. It remains solid from the scoop eliminating flex. I had a contour hood with these a few years ago. they were mounted from the bottom and I had a duct made from fiberglass that ran from them to just above my KKM. I will post a pic when I get back home.

it's the 87-88 T-bird turbo coupe that had the hood scoops, thats the only years that had the top mount intercooler for the t-birds. the 83-86 was the non intercooled years.

Now I'm not a big fan of hood scoops on the contiques. This is really clean looking, cant wait to see the finished product.

Back