• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

210,000 miles

Jaybird

Veteran CEG'er
Finally warm enough outside for me to start some projects i've been planning. Last weekend I swapped out the busted up front bumper cover on the Cobalt, and a few weeks ago put new rear leaf springs on the Blazer...

Anyways....

Perfect weekend to pull the 2.5 !!! All went very well, didnt brake anything, but this thing was caked in oil and other crud. My hands will never be the same...

Hope to have everything moved over to the other engine this week and back on the road next weekend. <--------------------LIES!!!!

059.jpg

062.jpg

063.jpg

061.jpg

I know how much you guys like pictures. But I forgot the pic of me flippin the finger when it finally broke free.

I wasnt going to wait around for you... this things coming out. lol

Jaybird,
I've heard stories on the SVTperformance forum about you having the highest mileage on a stock CSVT...
Sorry I've been out of the loop on here, but your title says "210,000 miles" ... did your motor finally blow to cause this swap?
Mine's creeping up on 170,000.

Frank

his isntan svt, it is a sevt. amd the motor was getting swapped cause it was dumping oil out the timing cover, i think that was the reason, minus that i think it was still running strong, just needed new gaskets and o rings lol

This car is not an SVT..lol

Its an SE with a non-SVT 2.5, pre98 trunk lid, Mystique leather interior swap and several SVT parts from random cars :laugh:.

newb is right, its leaking oil out of almost every possible place. Also burns oil more that im comfortable with and the alternator housing is cracked. The replacement 2.5 is out of my old Mystique with about 130,000 miles, I replaced all gaskets/seals on this one and has a fairly new alternator.

And NO I will not be putting a 3.0 in this car. :crazy: Im saving that project for when I find me a T-red and Tan hopefully in the next year or two.

004.jpg

002.jpg

Nicely done Jaybird! SVT or not! That is one clean car.

Honestly these pics do hide alot of cosmetic issues. The paint is showing its age and there is rust in all the typical places.

But thanks for the compliment!!! I really love this car, more than my wife at times, and its still fun to ride..

Its not as quick as an SVT but at least its a 5 speed.:crazy:

well for 12 years old on the vehicle blemishes and some rust (unless a down south car) is expected. Ps those rims go so well with our vehicles! definitely planning on getting some this summer! Good luck and keep us updated with the progress.

Ya I really miss driving the Contour, I need to get this car back on the road!!! I got wrapped up with another car project this weekend, but theres nothing else in the way now.

Im gonna hit it hard this week...no excuses.

Jaybird,
I've heard stories on the SVTperformance forum about you having the highest mileage on a stock CSVT...
Sorry I've been out of the loop on here, but your title says "210,000 miles" ... did your motor finally blow to cause this swap?
Mine's creeping up on 170,000.

Frank

I believe I have the highest mileage to date on a stock CSVT... Original engine had 372K miles when it was pulled and still ran mind you!

Chassis not has between 385-390k miles on it

his isntan svt, it is a sevt. amd the motor was getting swapped cause it was dumping oil out the timing cover, i think that was the reason, minus that i think it was still running strong, just needed new gaskets and o rings lol

This car is not an SVT..lol
Its an SE with a non-SVT 2.5, pre98 trunk lid, Mystique leather interior swap and several SVT parts from random cars :laugh:.

newb is right, its leaking oil out of almost every possible place. Also burns oil more that im comfortable with and the alternator housing is cracked. The replacement 2.5 is out of my old Mystique with about 130,000 miles, I replaced all gaskets/seals on this one and has a fairly new alternator.

Oh i gotcha... Still sounds nice, and looks really sweet in the pics. I love how the SVTF wheels looks on the CSVTs :drool:... as does everybody else....

I believe I have the highest mileage to date on a stock CSVT... Original engine had 372K miles when it was pulled and still ran mind you!

Chassis not has between 385-390k miles on it

OMG ... that's crazy, Sam. :laugh:

nicely done .. SE / SVT Clone looks better than my 98 E0 SVT. Now i see what my SVT is gonna look like when i install my pre 98 lid w/spoiler your car really makes me wanna strip the door molding off but i recently painted it and i painted it with the molds on.. so it wouldn't match FAIL :( and btw newb i cant wait to see your 98.5 svt, w/white paint, projector headlights, custom grafted CF hood, racebits headers, custom mid pipe and tips. thats gonna be one sick ride !!!

here is my tour now
tour006.jpg

I dropped the oil pan on the old 2.5 and found this. Its seems to be plastic.

What could this be?

022.jpg

024.jpg

Figured I would update this thread.

I dropped the fresh 2.5 in the engine bay this weekend and got the Contour back on the road. Install went great, but I did manage to kink, bend then of course brake one of the solid a/c lines up front. :nonono:

Thanks again for all info on CEG...Would not have done it without you :crazy:.

010.jpg

Back