• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

carbon fiber interior

j-izarza

New CEG'er
Hi

My headlight bezel of my csvt 00 are broke , i decide to wrap it with 3M dinoc carbon fiber, my idea is to wrap all the black bezels of the interior trim and some parts of the exterior , I hope you like it and I'll upload photos of progress.

Imagen010-2.jpg

Imagen008.jpg

Imagen007.jpg

When you get the rest of the black stuff in the car done im sure its gonna look good. Quality wrap job from what i can see. I thought about doing this too. Let us know how it all turns out and DEFINITELY post plenty of pics.

Great job on the wrap! This would be a great time to get a nice boars hair interior brush and a mild cleaner to try and clean up all of the existing plastic. I know these cars are getting old, but they'll clean up really well. Don't let a little bit of dirt/grime, spoil your hard work!

Mark

That stuff is very easy to work with and very, very forgiving. You can pull it off and reapply it without any problems. Just need a decent heat gun.

Now all that said that stuff is ridiculously expensive. You can buy real carbon fiber for the cost of that stuff, which is what I did.

Yeah it is pretty expensive but it looks pretty good. The + over DIY real carbon overlay is that there is no consequence to ••••ing up. If you mess up carbon your part is ruined.

By the way DI-NOC is available in different color weaves. They also sell other patterns under the same name, I saw a brushed aluminum wrap that looked pretty legit.

Yeah it is pretty expensive but it looks pretty good. The + over DIY real carbon overlay is that there is no consequence to ••••ing up. If you mess up carbon your part is ruined.

I don't agree with that at all. The part is not ruined if you screw up. Carbon fiber comes off the part fairly easily with some prying. I wrapped my one sail panel 3 times before I was happy with the process and how it turned out. That is what I practiced on before doing my roof.

By the way DI-NOC is available in different color weaves. They also sell other patterns under the same name, I saw a brushed aluminum wrap that looked pretty legit.

Yea I saw a company offering a blue CF look... that looked pretty nice and got be thinking... blue CF vinyl interior to match my exterior blue paint.

yeha i'm gonna go ahead and say there's a steep learning curve when working with real CF. not worth it for some interior dress up.

Back