• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

1 night 2 cars

Looks really cool mikey. I think I might have to start playing around w/ some HDR stuff now, lol.

btw, those two pics of soundq's car under the amber light, did you play w/ the saturation on them at all? Seems like you might have been able to roll some more red in there to make the car look more natural, and it would help the bricks in the background. But, with the light being amber, I'm not sure how it would have looked overall . . .

these shots are cool. I am so glad I came down by ya! I made it home at 2:21 AM - The pics with both of us in it are kinda my favorite - I didn't think I would like them soo much, but now seeing them bigger makes me drool..... Next time I will come earlier and make a day of it - JOE

So how late did you stay at Mike's after I left? I got home a few minutes before 2:00.

PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you the pics I have with your car.

thanks for the comments kids.

rara, i could have color corrected but the pics you see are exactly the way the light was that night.

5oh, they are dark. the pics were taken at night, mexican.

recoveryone, there is some grain going on in the lake pic, but i think most of it is the reflection of the gravel asphault. if you look the grain is only present in the reflection. i shot these in RAW which i thought was supposed to take that away. i am still learning. this is only my second try at HDR.

that's why you adjust ISO/Aperture/Shutter speed, doofus.

wow, you get a camera and now you think you know something. the pictures are dark for a reason asshat. when you are done with your highschool photography class then we can talk.

i cant wait to get someone with a silverfrost. i think that might be the best color to work with.

here were my first two attempts at HDR with my car. i shot these as jpgs. the photoshoot with the contours i shot in RAW.

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

Last edited:
simmah down now . . . simmah down.

mikey, how many steps are you using for the HDR composite? and are you manually adjusting the exposure between shots? or using a built-in auto-bracketing function in the camera? Sorry for the 20 questions, but I'm fascinated by the HDR technique, and I'm hoping to give it a try here sometime, even with my limited camera equipment.

Mikey, I'll give you a call this week and we will set something up... unfortuantely my weekend nights are booked solid for 2 weeks so we need to figure out a weekday night that will work for both of us. :)

Back