• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

ADC Intercooler Pump FUBAR

DanG

CEG'er
All-

Did a search on this, didn't find anything like what I was looking for...

The I/C pump that ADC packaged with their kit-

3LTurbo137.jpg

3LTurbo151.jpg

Does anyone have any specs on it? Make/model/flow, etc? My pump has begun making a gawdawful racket and is leaking coolant. Lasted almost 2 years, daily driven, so I suppose I can't complain too much.

I need to replace it, so the question is this- Should I get another of the same type or are their smaller/quieter/better flowing units around (and I assume there are)? What am I looking to pay?

These: http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_...25&PHPSESSID=7465b09f816abad6ba85f5bdbfb3b85a units from ZZP for the aftermarket Grand Prix intercoolers are about what I was figuring...

Thanks in advance.

All-

Did a search on this, didn't find anything like what I was looking for...

The I/C pump that ADC packaged with their kit-

3LTurbo137.jpg

3LTurbo151.jpg

Does anyone have any specs on it? Make/model/flow, etc? My pump has begun making a gawdawful racket and is leaking coolant. Lasted almost 2 years, daily driven, so I suppose I can't complain too much.

I need to replace it, so the question is this- Should I get another of the same type or are their smaller/quieter/better flowing units around (and I assume there are)? What am I looking to pay?

These: http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_...25&PHPSESSID=7465b09f816abad6ba85f5bdbfb3b85a units from ZZP for the aftermarket Grand Prix intercoolers are about what I was figuring...

Thanks in advance.

DanG, This problem is going to start cropping up more and more because the pumps are driven all the time at full speed.

I have a prototype intercooler pump controller circuit here that will allow the pump to run at lower duty cycles during idle and low throttle position then kick to full speed when the throttle position goes to full throttle.
It also shuts the pump off when the engine is off even though the key is on.
By doing this it should increase the life of the pump 3 fold, i.e. six years for you. :D

I will be testing this device eventually then Burrita and I will be offering it as an option.

I think I have one or two Lightning/03 Cobra intercooler pumps laying around if you really need one. Drop me a PM if you want one.

I wired my pump to a toggle switch on the dash just for some of those vary reasons Tom. Like idle or especially flashing the ECU with xcal, need to have Key On Engine Off.

The pump is actually a supply unit for a RV shower. Basically you just need to find a 12 volt high flow, low pressure pump that is rated to handle hot temps as well. You should be able to find them pretty readily through places like ww grainger, etc.

Rick

i use a pump almost like the one that stazi just put up. i originally used it on coolant for race sleds (in the summer, its gets ubber hot) and no problems. they are like 60$ if i recall

looks like the hoses passing through the metalwork need some grommets to stop them wearing away!

That was a mock-up shot. Yes, there are grommets in place. The pump itself is what's screwed- It's leaking out of the pump body.

I used the Lightning IC pump too. They are gravity fed, so keep that inmind if you do get one.

IIRC, Rara has a bunch. Great, great guy to deal with.

Back