• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

"Buzzing" Noise when releasing the clutch

bradSVT

CEG'er
PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN :)

Alright so I used to believe the problem with this noise was because the end of my linkage was worn out. This is from my previous post

“Lately I have been having trouble with this grinding noise that seems to happen randomly and only when i am stopped and start going into 1st or Reverse. The noise is very loud and I can feel vibrations on the clutch pedal. I cant replicate the grind when I try to show someone the problem. I feel like it has something to do with the clutch springs or the linkage. I wanted to find out if anyone has had this problem and could help me figure out a way to solve it.

When it makes the noise and I can feel it in the pedal, I just push the clutch back in and put the stick into neutral and just put it back into first or reverse and it usually works fine.

This started happening awhile after my 3L build with a built up transmission. There are new forks, spec stage 1 clutch, torsen lsd, and a shop closed it up and shimmed the lsd.

I have seen issues that sound similar to mine on the forums but I have seen no answers. Please help me out if you can. I am worried that this problem is just going to get worse and damage something severely."

After I had both linkage ends replaced and reset at a transmission shop I get into my car and again later on that day, randomly, the car makes the buzzing noise. IF I push the clutch back in, the noise will go away and usually wont happen again until I pull it out the clutch out later in the day. It seems to not happen when the car is moving only when it is stopped. This is why it has only done it in first and reverse until I tired just getting out of second where it made the noise. I am completely stumped on this problem and will really hope of a miracle that someone knows what is going on this my car. Thank you to anyone who can help me, I really will appreciate it.

I get the same thing, mostly on cold startup. After that its fine. I have no idea what my issue is either. New clutch, PP, and surfaced flywheel. Spec3 here. I usually just drive through the sound as it does go away after things are moving in the trans.

At this point I have not sat down and thought about what is all doing what in the trans at that moment to pin down a diagnosis.

Buzzing Noise ALL GEARS

Buzzing Noise ALL GEARS

Alright so the noise is now almost constant. It happens when i release my clutch. It made the noise today when I was going into 3rd. Even with the noise I can still engage the gear. I feel like the pressure plate is wobbling or something is not balanced and the noise is friction happening around the clutch. I hope someone can help me with this. I feel like i am just talking to myself, and feeling to lost with this lame problem.

Ive been having the same problem! but again only on cold startup. after the car heats up i dont hear it anymore!

Somehow i can manage the clutch/shifting to not get the buzzing/rubbing noise when i do a faster than normal launch! try playing with your maybe you can manage it. It def doesnt sound normal to me! I was gonna have it checked out But Im gettin a New tranny from B.A.T. anyways!

Try managing the sound, i could never get an answer for my rubbing/buzzing noise either!

same here... sometime mine does it when i start and back off my parking... kind of a rubbing noise of metal

anyway its been doing this sine more thant a year, i have a spec stage 1 and a spec flywheel

like the other its only happening on cold startup mainly in reverse but also starting first gear.... i will appreciate if somebody find the cause of this, i wanted to post about it but coudnt find a way to explain that sound

it sounds like its some sort of metal to metal. and you can feel it in the clutch. I think some of the springs on the pressure plate dont release right causing the problem. I have searched and searched and still have not found an answer.

I've had the same "problem" since i installed my SPEC Stage 3 last Sept. I have just gotten used it and learned to deal with it, mines mainly only when the clutch is "cold".

it seems like this problem might be due to the motor and tranny mounts. I am not sure yet but I think it might be somewhere to start. Anyone else have any ideas to try?

The transmission place I took to see if they could figure it out never got the car to make the noise...

Me too, but to late

Me too, but to late

Could it be related to the throw out bearing?

I think mine just went south. Waiting at a red light, clutch depressed, car in first, then car lurges forward, but not much i had my foot on the brake.

clutch pedal is all the way down. had some co-workers with me who helped me push it to a arking lot. checked under the car, and found fluid leaking from the bell housing/motor connection. since it looked clear i am assuming that its bake fluid from the slave/throw out brearing assembly. the car turns on and off fine, the car shifts in to all gears with the car off.

so ill post pics in a new thread when i get to working on it.

Could it be related to the throw out bearing?

I think mine just went south. Waiting at a red light, clutch depressed, car in first, then car lurges forward, but not much i had my foot on the brake.

clutch pedal is all the way down. had some co-workers with me who helped me push it to a arking lot. checked under the car, and found fluid leaking from the bell housing/motor connection. since it looked clear i am assuming that its bake fluid from the slave/throw out brearing assembly. the car turns on and off fine, the car shifts in to all gears with the car off.

so ill post pics in a new thread when i get to working on it.

Yep. TO bearing is Shot

it's normal..

it's normal..

what your hearing is the noize of a strong clutch....spec clutches tend to do it alot.....and more so with an aluminum flywheel....and even more again with the LSD......i have all of the above in my 2000SVT and my buddys in teh focus community have ahd similar noizes with close to the same setups....the trick is to let the tranny and clutch warm up for about 10-15 min...that'll make it less noizy as well as make the clutch slip alittle better....

Did anyone ever get more info on this? I get a loud hum when taking off from a stop (slowly) and I can feel it through the clutch pedal. It almost sounds like the moose, but way WAY more vibration. No fluid leaking, no clutch engagement problems, shifts smooth, no slipping. Just an annoying hum noise.

What clutch/PP combo do you have? The 'issue' never went away in the time I had the spec 3 with quaife. Once the clutch/trans was warmed up, it wouldnt happen. Only when cold in 1st and Reverse.

I believe it is an LuK. Whatever svttour put in it. I can bring it by Villa Park sometime to have you check it out. I am pretty sure Sam wanted to have you checkout the moonroof anyway.

I am currently having the same problem. Just replaced clutch and pp but did not replace the slave/to bearing because of all the horror stories of new slaves going out right after install. I went with a clutchnet disc and sach pp. I feel like it is the to bearing. Not real sure, but that seems legit to me. Lets hope not, don't want to have to pull the tranny again.

Back