• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Bassani Exhaust Silencer removal? HELP!

qbcsvt

Hard-core CEG'er
Having a bit of a problem removing the silencer inserts that come with the Bassani Exhaust Kit! Probably rust welded itself to the inside walls of the muffler tip.

I lent these suckers to a friend and they pushed the silencer all the way into their exhaust and never screwed it where it was supposed to be screwed!

I put some PB Blaster and Im gonna try to go at it tomorrow morning! But you really cannot get a grip on those suckers in any shape or form...

Any suggestions or tools recommended to use to pull it out. I was thinking if there was some type of clamp that would be inserted in the middle and every click push out then against the walls of the silencer to make a grip and be able to pull it out!

Without Silencers
XhaustReposition7-9-07004.jpg

With Silencers
6-27-07Exhaust027.jpg

6-27-07Exhaust049.jpg

As you can see there is nothing really to grab to pull the silencer out!

- amyn

Last edited:
Is there some type of clamp that will insert in the middle and with some sort of mechanism w/ every click push out into the walls of the silencer catching a grip/ handle to remove the silencer???

- amyn

Torched a lil hole in it and popped a hook in there and it came right out!

Hope it dsnt affect the sound of the exhaust!!!

- amyn

Torched a lil hole in it and popped a hook in there and it came right out!

Hope it dsnt affect the sound of the exhaust!!!

- amyn

That was exactly what i was gonna recommend. It's the hot and cold that made the metal shrink to the point where they compressed into each other.

Or do it while the exhaust was really hot:cool:

I'm glad it worked out for you man.

Last edited:
Back