• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

CSVT parts for my Mystique

genefusion

New CEG'er
I came across a CSVT (99) in the u-pull yard today while looking for a few trim pieces for my Mystique.
Someone already grabbed the injectors, but it looks like the rest of the engine is there.
Question 1:Is it worthwhile to put this intake setup on my car?
2: what parts should i grab?
I remember reading about this a while ago , but searching, I can't finf it again.
I know I need UIM , LIM TB, and linkage brackets, ... fuel rails? MAF?
Any other parts I should get?

1. yes
2. Upper intake manifold, TB, TB bracket, accordion tube, air filter assy, cruise control cable.
The lower intake manifold and MAF housing are the same size as yours. The throttle cable is the same as your ATX one.
You will need to extend the wires for the IAT sensor.

1. yes
2. Upper intake manifold, TB, TB bracket, accordion tube, air filter assy, cruise control cable.
The lower intake manifold and MAF housing are the same size as yours. The throttle cable is the same as your ATX one.
You will need to extend the wires for the IAT sensor.

The LIM is most certainly NOT the same as the one on the mystique, and the MAF is 70MM, again, not the same, try reading the FAQ please.

A couple points:

1. Where are these threads in the FAQ? I'll save you some time, they aren't.

The early SVT's did have a slightly smaller LIM. (compared to a what is called a "returnless" LIM) It correlated to the same year 3L LIM. (98 - i.e. before the vast 3L changes started) These LIM's were installed until the 3L changeover started. Then SVT's and 3L engines after that had the same "larger" LIM casting. The normal Duratecs got this same LIM phased in after the original castings were depleted. This pretty much correlated with the change to the returnless fuel system but some returnless cars do have the smaller LIM. I have personally measured 3 different LIM sizes and 4 different LIM tapers. (i.e. inlet to outlet sizing)

The actual quote from post #3 clearly states there is not really any way to tell if the returnless style got the bigger LIM or not, and since it was a transition year, it's even less likely (my last SE was a jan '99 build with return fuel rail, and a 12.5 gallon fuel tank), however, the SVT LIM is guaranteed to be larger and could be resold to a member for at least the price paid, if not for a profit.

3. Where does the OP say he has returnless?

Oh, and I'm pretty sure Blackcoog was talking about the actual MAF sensor itself, which is the same, but the housing size IIRC is larger, I have an extra SE one and an SVT one on the car I can always measure with the calipers at work tomorrow.

The cams would be worth getting also, even if you just want to resell them, since it's a good bit of work to reinstall them.
Get the LIM, it may or may not be bigger than yours. My 2000 SE (returnless) had the same size LIM as my 99 CSVT (return), both we BIGGER than a 98 3L Lim i pulled from the junk yard.

The ecu would be a good upgrade for you, if you have a matching fuel system. if it's an XGT1 (I think this was 2000 MY only though) computer, they're hard to find, should be worth something.

Did it have the stock wheels? I need one E1 wheel due to misplaced chunk of curb a couple winters ago... I'd gladly buy a wheel from you if you manage to grab a good one :D

Someone got to it before I did. Took everything I wanted , including the cams.
BTW it was silver frost , 1999 didn't get any other info.
My mystique is a returnless system.
Thanks to all for the info, if I ever get a chance at another one I won't be so slow.

hylix, it does have stock wheels they have the big plastic svt hub cover

Back