• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

98 csvt and 99 csvt 5HP diff... WHY?

I almost think Ford just rounded up to market the car better. Some early year cars dyno as much as later ones. Ppl have said the jump was due to better programing in the PCM plus the extra EH. Some cars are just going to be more strong than others due to some having a more balanced engine.
I agree that some cars dyno better than others and that 5 fwhp is hard to measure on a chassis dyno but I disagree that they didn't do anything and just rounded up. All the SVT literature mentions an extra EH process and I have no reason to doubt that.
-J

i agree that if they did hone it would only be small amount and hard to measure- if ya wanted to {spelling on this lol} mic it it would be a very small amount of metal they took out-if they hone out enuff to get like 5-10 more cfm then to just look at them ya would say hey their the same and if ya dynoed a 98 and lets say it hit 160-170 then dynoed a 00 whos to say it would dyno more its close

Back