• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Senior Project

madmerc00

CEG'er
Hey guys!
I am doing my senior project on auto customazation and was thinking what i can do to my 00 mystique v6 5-speed. If you have any ideas on what i can do. i am only 17 so i am not made out of money. i was thinking of the following:

Custom Cold Air intake
Perfomance Clutch
Short Throw Shifter
Custom Gauges
and wheels (i want the 5-spoke svt wheels or the evo 1 wheels)
if you can donate i will appreciate it!

if you have any ideas shoot them to me!

Well, you have some time. Your effort in the project is going to determine how big of a job you can take on. Wheels seem to be a lot of work for a high school project. A shifter, if designed well might be something you could do as well as an intake. But they will need to be better then what’s out there, if you plan on selling your design. If this is just for your car then do anything you think you can get done.

I have a set of E0 wheels if you're interested, don't know if these are the "5-spoke SVT wheels" you're talking about as they were all 5-spoke...

Shipping would be kinda expensive tho and I doubt you want to drive 10 hrs round trip to Cville VA, but hit me up if you're interested and good luck with your project. I'm currently doing a "senior project" (UVA Mechanical Engineering) myself, on the powertrain design for an SAE Baja car.

hey is me again. i finally got approval from my mentor to do my project. it has come to my attention that my O2 sensors are bad. but i still having money problems. if you can help it would be greately apperitated!:help:

myself, on the powertrain design for an SAE Baja car.

WE WILL OWN YOUR SAE BAJA CAR!!!!!!

any how. what "money" problems are you running into? you dont have enough to buy your materials?. junk yards/u pull its are always a place to start. they are a cheap place to get O2 sensors and other misc parts.

Last edited:
Shipping would be kinda expensive tho and I doubt you want to drive 10 hrs round trip to Cville VA, but hit me up if you're interested and good luck with your project. I'm currently doing a "senior project" (UVA Mechanical Engineering) myself, on the powertrain design for an SAE Baja car.

There's a guy in my senior design class doing the exact same thing. The rest of us are working on designing a cast pedestal for Altec, who I actually landed a co-op with this coming semester/summer.

WE WILL OWN YOUR SAE BAJA CAR!!!!!!

any how. what "money" problems are you running into? you dont have enough to buy your materials?. junk yards/u pull its are always a place to start. they are a cheap place to get O2 sensors and other misc parts.

Come on SAE Baja?!,

We have a slogan for you "type". "If it were easy it would be SAE Baja"

Anyway, I'm on the Formula SAE team at UNH. Good stuff, they are all good projects. If you want to get ahead, do one of those projects. yah, we constantly make fun of the baja kids, but its the experience that counts, and its fun.

Dude. I would take Formula SAE over Baja every day of the week. It's not by choice that I do Baja, we just don't have Formula. We used to have Legends racing but all the ACC schools dropped it so our Legends cars are just instructional tools for chassis measurements and car setup in automobile dynamics class, it's pretty sad.

And yes, this thread has been officially hijacked. ;)

I worked on the formula car at ISU when I was a freshman. In fact, they sized the chassis to fit me that year, since they figured I'm about as tall of a person as they'd have driving. Then I got busy and stopped working with them.

i want everything from the svt not just the 02 sensors

Well you're not really going to find SVTs in junkyards too often. If you're looking for just SVT components you can find them here in the classifieds and on Ebay. I don't really know what you want from an SVT though.

Back