• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

npg fuel mod issue...

pithon987

Hard-core CEG'er
I'm almost done installing my 3l...only issue I'm having is with the npg fuel mod,well only with the block...it seems the holes for the fuel pressure regulator are a tad bit to far apart,anyone else run into this problem before? I picked up another fpr from a 99 tour at the junk yard since my old one didn't work...I have a 98 tour I'm not sure if there's a difference? Any advice.... :help:

I recently got a n npg fuel adapter and I had the same issue ... Just make it fit... It's nasty tight to help it in I got a longer bolt lubed up the fuel lines with some white grease and drove it into the hole. Using the holder clamp piece as a guide... It's a P.I.T.A. but it will go in.. Try a longer bolt and u will thank me! Pics of mine posted in my pics and video thread! Check it out..

I recently got a n npg fuel adapter and I had the same issue ... Just make it fit... It's nasty tight to help it in I got a longer bolt lubed up the fuel lines with some white grease and drove it into the hole. Using the holder clamp piece as a guide... It's a P.I.T.A. but it will go in.. Try a longer bolt and u will thank me! Pics of mine posted in my pics and video thread! Check it out..
The fuel lines are in I'm just talking about the fpr not lining up at all...

Greased up the little legs on the fpr but still no good the holes are definitely to far apart (crap) maybe I got sent The wrong block? Or maybe this one is just a dud...anyways I sent joey at npg an email to see if this is a common issue.does anyone recommend just drilling one of the holes a lil more so the fpr will fit?

Just for reference.......
IMAG0105.jpg

So wrong block? Or was everyone else's the same?:help:

Don't email him, call him. Takes him days to respond to my emails.

Don't email him, call him. Takes him days to respond to my emails.

I second that! But he's great and should hook it up for ya quickly! My bad though I thought u were talking about the side where the fuel lines go into... That side for me was a pita but I got it to finally work!

I second that! But he's great and should hook it up for ya quickly! My bad though I thought u were talking about the side where the fuel lines go into... That side for me was a pita but I got it to finally work!

I had a horrible time getting that end on too, basically had to use all my might and force it on there.

I had a horrible time getting that end on too, basically had to use all my might and force it on there.

I just greased them and slipped them in at the same time :shrug:
On another note, I didn't even get a chance to call joey today. He had already replied my email and is sending one right out! What a guy! :cool:

Yeah I had no problem contacting Joey by email when I had some questions about the fuel block. I had some o-ring issues and he replied and sent me new ones within a couple days of receiving my email. Nice guy and very prompt with the replies in my experience.

Back