• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Color to paint CAI

I installed it last fall in the car... took some rubber hose 1/8" or something and slit it so that i could just put it on the edge of the metal and used a few ties to keep it in place so scratching won't be an issue

I won't even post a pic of my engine bay... i am a little ashamed of it... but when it comes out with the tranny everything will get cleaned... with a toothbrush

Thats what I did, painted the edges where I cut so there wouldnt be rust, then cut slits in fish tank air lines to keep it from getting scratched up.

I'll post a pic of my engine bay after I get done with my tranny rebuild, clean up the engine bay good, and paint a few parts.

I don't know, IMRON paint is pretty close. (what planes are painted with):laugh:

Yes, Imron is a good urethane paint, I have painted some of my trucks with it. PPG has some good paint systems like that also. I like the PC better, no VOCs and easier to apply.

I had my CAI painted black by Joey to match the car. It got a few scratches on the back side from the install but I lined the hole in the fender with some rubber tubing to protect it. It still looks pretty good I think. Kinda of a bad pic sorry still working on the how to post pictures thing.

Attachments

• rsz_1picture_146_(2)[1] (2).jpg
    rsz_1picture_146_(2)[1] (2).jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 0
I ordered the polished stainless one. It wasn't nearly nice enough to go on my car.
I suppose I could have re-polished it but decided to have it powder coated to match the rest of the powder coated items under the hood.

Checker'dSVT painted his black but I don't have a picture.

Better picture

Picture146.jpg

Back