• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

98 Contour SVT with 3.0L Swap Questions...

ok guys, got everything fixed up, VSS installed, but the speedo is off, not sure how to calibrate that, or if its even possible.

all lights are off now, except the ABS light is now on all the time, which according to the owners manual it means the brakes need serviced? the brakes are fine, is there a way to reset this light?

LIM installed without a problem, i ended up leaving the JB Weld and everything as it sat, i didnt want to fight those plates and all the silicone on there to get the plates off and try to get the JB weld off, Paul seems pretty confident that he got it on there good so it wont come off, so im hoping hes right lol. everything is great now, runs alot smoother, doesnt feel quite as powerful, but that could just be because im getting used to the power.

no more misfire, one of the spark plug wires in the bank closest to firewall had popped out, but i replaced all the plugs and wires anyways.

i think thats it right? lol. thanks for all the help everyone, its nice to have a place to come when you need help with something!

I guess I would start with the abs sensors at each wheel, that's probably the easiest thing to check. Make sure they aren't out of place or damaged, if I remember correctly it's possible for them to get a little bent and if they aren't positioned properly they won't work. A long time ago I messed one up and the abs light stayed on until it was fixed.

ok guys, got everything fixed up, VSS installed, but the speedo is off, not sure how to calibrate that, or if its even possible.

all lights are off now, except the ABS light is now on all the time, which according to the owners manual it means the brakes need serviced? the brakes are fine, is there a way to reset this light?

LIM installed without a problem, i ended up leaving the JB Weld and everything as it sat, i didnt want to fight those plates and all the silicone on there to get the plates off and try to get the JB weld off, Paul seems pretty confident that he got it on there good so it wont come off, so im hoping hes right lol. everything is great now, runs alot smoother, doesnt feel quite as powerful, but that could just be because im getting used to the power.

no more misfire, one of the spark plug wires in the bank closest to firewall had popped out, but i replaced all the plugs and wires anyways.

i think thats it right? lol. thanks for all the help everyone, its nice to have a place to come when you need help with something!

CONGRATS!!!! and dont just use this site as a repair facility come and pop in on threads and learn a lil more about your car!!! dont be a stranger !!

If you want to meet sometime we can put my OBDII scanner on it and make sure the computer is reading the correct speed. When the VSS stopped working I rapped on the dash to see if the speedo got stuck or something. The need bounced and did not go back, so it probably needs to be adjusted manually. I thought it would fix itself when the VSS was installed. It is pretty easy to remove the lense to the instrument panel with it still in the car.

Back