Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing yet? Still awaiting the pics man lol
    2000 Silver Frost- 1349
    3L Portmatched--NPG CAI--65MM TB-Weapon R Headers-Weapon R Y Pipe--Trubendz Decat Pipe/Flex Pipe--2.5 Trubendz Custom Catback--D2 Coilovers

Comment

• Originally posted by Klasky24 View Post
      Nothing yet? Still awaiting the pics man lol
      Was in the middle of it and the dang T-storm killed my power ... give me a minute
      -Mike
      If you are wondering where the avatar came from look here... Link
      98 SVT Contour - HoK TruBlue|CF roof|#49/6535 DOB 3/25/97|550whp here I come|Follow my extremely slow 3L/turbo build here Link
      85 Camaro - 1969 350ci, 503BHP

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Alright after slaving away all day and sweating off about 10lbs in water weight my brother and I successfully painted the chassis. She's TruBlue and looking fine. 3 coats of base, and 4 coats of clear. The last coat of clear is more or less a sacrificial coat as we will be sanding/polishing it off. Such is life when you paint your car in the garage. Actually that said it really turned out damn good. I mean this quality of a job would have cost me $5000-8000 easy. I will have less then $2000 into it... and yes that is paying my brother for his time and expertise so labor was not free. All and all I am very happy with it. While I had the car stripped down to pretty much nothing we didn't paint the cabine (obviously) and we didn't really put to much paint in the cowl, trunk, and back areas of the engine bay just because they will not be seen by anyone being they will have a bunch of components covering it up. More or less the same quality of paint work from the factory. Although I will have a clear coat in my engine bay.

That said here are the pics as promised...

Master at work sporting the bandana to keep back the sweat. He's using all my spray equipment (one day I will learn to be as good as he is, although he did go to school for it ;))

Base coat layers...

Final coat of clear (still a bit of fog in the air when I took the first shot)...

We painted the trunk as well, but I'm not going to waste my HOK clear covering it. I plan to just buy a cheap Duplicolor clear in a rattle can to top that off since it's not really a focal point. However here it is with base and what every was left in the gun for clear coat when we where finished.
        -Mike
        98 SVT Contour - HoK TruBlue|CF roof|#49/6535 DOB 3/25/97|550whp here I come|Follow my extremely slow 3L/turbo build here Link

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Looks really good. Glad to see some color on it.
          2001 Ford F150 Amazon/Gold Supercrew
          180k and still like new.
          1995 Toyota Camry Charcoal XLE
          166k wife's car.

Comment

• Dont forget to change your sig to blue now
            02 Cougar: Street driven track car. Full 3L w/ boltons, HMS trans, 6pt roll bar, weight reduction, built suspension, 13" Wilwoods, 8" w/ 245's
            #4683: under the knife
            07 GMC Sierra Classic: Duramax/Allison, loaded

Comment

• Originally posted by FastFord View Post
              Dont forget to change your sig to blue now
              Ha! You'll like it now
              -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Smurf Powa!!
                2000 Contour SVT #180 is sold.

Comment

• Originally posted by CrazyTalkSVT View Post
                  Smurf Powa!!
                  Don't be jealous Papa Smurf
                  -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Originally posted by CSVT#49 View Post
                    Don't be jealous Papa Smurf
                    Lookin' good duder!
                    2000 Contour SVT #180 is sold.

Comment

• looking good! I notice the roof line was taped off. Is there a two tone skeem or did i miss that mentioned somewhere?
                      98 CSVT Blue/Midnight blue
                      E0 #2047
                      attitude adjustment 2/4/10

Comment

• He has a carbon fiber roof.
                        2001 Ford F150 Amazon/Gold Supercrew
                        180k and still like new.
                        1995 Toyota Camry Charcoal XLE
                        166k wife's car.

Comment

• Originally posted by tigerbalm View Post
                          looking good! I notice the roof line was taped off. Is there a two tone skeem or did i miss that mentioned somewhere?
                          As jolly8286 mentioned...

-Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• ya ya ya, thats all good and stuff but when are you getting back to posting about the motor
                            Originally posted by Pole120
                            Why? BECAUSE RACE CAR!
                            94 Towncar RIP 20090730
                            96 SE mtx, RIP 20100821
                            99 Cougar, project car
                            09 Fit mtx, DD

Comment

• Originally posted by bensenvill View Post
                              ya ya ya, thats all good and stuff but when are you getting back to posting about the motor
                              I'm not going to start putting the motor back together until it has a place to go when I'm finished building it. I have all of the parts I just don't want it sitting on a stand for a long period of time. If I put everything together once I had it the engine would have been assembled on a stand about 5 months ago... and it would still be waiting for a home.
                              -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Originally posted by BrApple View Post
                                could always ask what the nobels are using for an oil pump. iirc they have the oil squirters also. It has been said before the the 3L duratec oil pump from an engine with VVT would be an upgrade also, iirc.
                                I found what I was thinking of... on the 3.5L engines with VVT the oil pump mounts differently. They also mount the water pump on the inside of the timing cover. Here is a picture of it. As for the Mazda 3L that has VVT, it calls for the same oil pump as the std 3L Duratec (according to RockAuto and other auto part websites), which tells me there is nothing different about it.

I am looking at using this...

-Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

Working...
                                X