No announcement yet.

#49's new powerplant has arrived, let the build begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• woohoo... finally! My cylinder heads are on their way to P&P glory That took way to long to figure out. That said at least I know I thought about all the angles and I'll be happy with the final product. Maybe I'll get them back in time for an X-mas present to myself.

Now to focus on a little welding project I've had waiting for me in the garage, which may or may not lead to a long dead GB thread I started
    -Mike
    If you are wondering where the avatar came from look here... Link
    98 SVT Contour - HoK TruBlue|CF roof|#49/6535 DOB 3/25/97|550whp here I come|Follow my extremely slow 3L/turbo build here Link
    85 Camaro - 1969 350ci, 503BHP

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• keep us updated will be nice to see the numbers down lol
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2642799/Constrosity
      1998 CSVT Going to the paint bay after I make a wide body kit.

Comment

• Well with the holiday's coming up I've been busy planning for a road trip and buying x-mas presents, which included doing a large powertrain maintenance service on the Expedition (transfer case fluid change, transmission filter change, transmission fluid change, greasing suspension joints, etc) So that said I have not made a whole lot of progress on the Tour. I'm working on sourcing a Cougar ST200 RSTB so I can somewhat replicate the design into a Contique specific designed RSTB. I heard back from BPE Racing that they did receive the heads and that with all of the work they have been getting with the off season for racing they are swamped. They told me they would try to fit in work on them as they could. At which point I said I wasn't in any rush and to take their time with them and get to them when they could do all the work at once. I also put the request in to have pictures taken throughout the process if possible so that I could add them to my build album that I have going. That's all for now...
        -Mike
        98 SVT Contour - HoK TruBlue|CF roof|#49/6535 DOB 3/25/97|550whp here I come|Follow my extremely slow 3L/turbo build here Link

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Did you get a welder for Christmas? :)
          2000 Contour SVT #180 is sold.

Comment

• Ha I wish. I got a PS3 with GT5, Grand Theft Auto IV and a few blueray movies.

I just got back from vacation. 13hr drive to Louisville, KY and a 15hr drive back... damn freezing rain. However during that time my brother and I discussed our plan of attack for all of the suspension parts I plan on building. I'm going to finish my designs and then buy the materials with in the next week or so. We are planning a full weekend in the next few weeks to get together and build stuff and make jigs. It's a pain because he works afternoons M-Sat. and has classes in the mornings. So he was willing to take off a Sat and do this. However I want to make sure everything is in order before he commits to a day off of work.
            -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• What the hell were you doing down here in Louisville? should have mentioned something in the SE or WGL forum, perhaps could have set up a quick meet with some of us.
              TZT Performance http://www.tztperformance.com/
              officially a troll. '93 3000GT VR4 #2229/2595

'00 Black SVTC - sold 5/1/10
              '97 GL Turbo Zetec - gone

Comment

• Originally posted by CSVT#49 View Post
                However during that time my brother and I discussed our plan of attack for all of the suspension parts I plan on building. I'm going to finish my designs and then buy the materials with in the next week or so. We are planning a full weekend in the next few weeks to get together and build stuff and make jigs.
                Does this mean traction bars soon? Haha I'm bugging you way too much about them.

Comment

• Originally posted by striker2 View Post
                  What the hell were you doing down here in Louisville? should have mentioned something in the SE or WGL forum, perhaps could have set up a quick meet with some of us.
                  Grandparents live in Middletown. Most of my mom's side is down in that area of Kentucky as well as Atlanta, GA. We were all down at the grandparents for a late x-mas celebration and to get together as we haven't been down there for about 4-5yrs. I actually thought about posting something to try to pull together a meet or something, but I really didn't have a whole lot of time to do it as we already had a bunch of family stuff planned.

Originally posted by SJon85 View Post
                  Does this mean traction bars soon? Haha I'm bugging you way too much about them.
                  Yup. I'm going to finish up the RSTB first as I had that GB interest check up a long time ago. The traction bars are going to be a lot easier then I thought, but more to come on that later.
                  -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Ah, I actually used to work in Middletown, in the office condos right behind the funeral home on Shelbyville Rd (if you know where thats at).

Next time you come down you should plan an extra day or so and we can try to get people together.

Comment

• Originally posted by striker2 View Post
                      Ah, I actually used to work in Middletown, in the office condos right behind the funeral home on Shelbyville Rd (if you know where thats at).

Next time you come down you should plan an extra day or so and we can try to get people together.
                      Yup, I know exactly where that is. I turn onto Dorsey Lane from Shelbyville Rd, which I believe is a few blocks down from that, to get to their place.
                      -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• yup, not that far down. I think Jim (beyondloadedSE) lives right over there as well and i live just up I71.

Comment

• Heads will be shipping back next week... behold the before and after. The guy said these heads really open up after .200" of lift and said it was a shame I couldn't run a cam with .850" a lift. I'll see some benefit since the max lift on the cams now is .386"... if I bought the CAT Cam race cams I could see .421", but not sure if its worth the money.

-Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Someone on NECO a while ago was attempting to sell a set of CAT cams and they were cheap! Not sure if he ever managed to sell them. I'll see if I can find the thread.
                            -Greg
                            Icefury's 2000 3.0 SVT Contour
                            The Tuning-Shop UK

Comment

• they are sitting in my closet :)
                              Originally posted by Pole120
                              Why? BECAUSE RACE CAR!
                              94 Towncar RIP 20090730
                              96 SE mtx, RIP 20100821
                              99 Cougar, project car
                              09 Fit mtx, DD

Comment

• Are you going to use as the four legs on a custom coffee table? :)
                                Visit: 3LDuratec.com for a prepped 3L ready to drop in!

Comment

Working...
                                X