No announcement yet.

#49's new powerplant has arrived, let the build begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lol I jest. The Mondeo guys have enough issues converting to AWD with a full parts car.
    -00' Contour SVT #1245 of 2150. Trubendz Borla exhaust, BAT Catted Y, Spec shifter, Injen CAI, NPG Big Brakes, Modded Sunroof.
    -98' Mustang GT. PI Engine, exhaust, Cobra front bumper/R hood, 3.73s, deep dish Bullitt rims, lowered, lots of other stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottyDsntKnow View Post
      Lol I jest. The Mondeo guys have enough issues converting to AWD with a full parts car.
      And the AWD cant handle very much power anyways
      1998 T-Red SVT 115,000 miles (Died 9/01/08)
      2000 Tropic Green SVT #396 - 04 3L, HMS Trans, Wilwood BBK, FSVT Rear BBK, Koni/H&R...NPG Turbo Kit (JUNK)

Comment

• Originally posted by CSVT#49 View Post
        That is one of the reasons why there really isn't an aftermarket for the Contour. If everyone had that attitude nothing would ever get done.
        Originally posted by Pudmunkie View Post
        Are you sure the reason isn't the fact that it had a very limited run that was never really received by the public?

Me either.
        Notice I didn't say it was the only reason... That is yet another reason too. However the Contour shares enough in common with the Mondeo and Cougar that there could have been more support for it. However even so yes your talking about a limited market, but on the flip side if someone started supporting it... they would have a monoply on it. I mean look headers are a good example. MSDS owns that market, WeaponR stepped in for a little bit, but did so in the wrong way and well we all know the story.
        -Mike
        If you are wondering where the avatar came from look here... Link
        98 SVT Contour - HoK TruBlue|CF roof|#49/6535 DOB 3/25/97|550whp here I come|Follow my extremely slow 3L/turbo build here Link
        85 Camaro - 1969 350ci, 503BHP

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottyDsntKnow View Post
          It honestly might be cheaper to give terry haines a call and see if he has any AWD Mondeo systems lying around his shop. Just sayin, and it would be badass.
          Originally posted by todras View Post
          LMAO! Yeah that would be a no.
          Oh that was a good laugh. Yea I would sooner try the Jaguar X-type swap before I went through that hassle. However as it has been mentioned the drivetrain can not support the kind of power I'm targeting.
          -Mike
          98 SVT Contour - HoK TruBlue|CF roof|#49/6535 DOB 3/25/97|550whp here I come|Follow my extremely slow 3L/turbo build here Link

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Engine Tear Down Begins (finally)

Well now that my 3L can start going back together within a few days and the paint work will be kicking off shortly and things are final seem as if they are starting to come together... I began prepping to pull the 2.5L

Man these wheel dollies rock...

On to a few pics...

I'm thinking I'll have it pulled by Sunday (hopefully). However I'm taking my time since there is nothing wrong with this setup. Hopefully I can either turn around and sell it, or find another home for it, which is what I would prefer to do. Let it live on in a DD
            -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

I'm thinking I'll have it pulled by Sunday (hopefully). However I'm taking my time since there is nothing wrong with this setup. Hope being I can either turn around and sell it, or find another home for it, which is what I would prefer to do. Let it live on in a DD
              just a thought http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hn...595817394.html if its still for sale
              2000 Contour V6, ATX (winter beater)
              2005 Subaru Outback XT (baby car)
              1999 SVT Contour 3L #1264 - Sold 2-9-13 she will be missed
              Former owner of 1998 Mystique
              Former owner of 1996 Mystique

Comment

• Originally posted by FFE View Post
                just a thought http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hn...595817394.html if its still for sale
                Omg 350? Is that a joke!? God this makes me feel so bad about paying as much as i did for mine...
                Sometimes you just have to remember it is your life

Comment

• Originally posted by FFE View Post
                  Yea it's sold. That didn't last long at all. I called as soon as I saw your post. Geez I have been watching craigslist for something like that for a while, how the hell did I miss that

Second thought I know why, he had it listed as a Contour Sport, and clearly in the picture it was an SVT.
                  -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Anyone every buy replacement underhood warning decals before?? Since I'm having my entire engine bay repainted I'm going to need to replace all of these decals for the belt routing, A/C warning label, etc. Called the dealer and they said I have to fill out a form, giving them the Ford engineering numbers off of the corner of each decal and then IF they can even get them, they are $16 a piece. I think there is like 6 of these things. I guess it is some outside company for Ford that reprints these things based off of what the parts guy told me.
                    -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

Anyone every buy replacement underhood warning decals before?? Since I'm having my entire engine bay repainted I'm going to need to replace all of these decals for the belt routing, A/C warning label, etc. Called the dealer and they said I have to fill out a form, giving them the Ford engineering numbers off of the corner of each decal and then IF they can even get them, they are $16 a piece. I think there is like 6 of these things. I guess it is some outside company for Ford that reprints these things based off of what the parts guy told me.
                      What is the point of replacing them? You have a heavily modified bastard - you shouldn't be taking it anywhere that is going to need to use them....

US23

Comment

Yea it's sold. That didn't last long at all. I called as soon as I saw your post. Geez I have been watching craigslist for something like that for a while, how the hell did I miss that

Second thought I know why, he had it listed as a Contour Sport, and clearly in the picture it was an SVT.
                        Yah I almost called on it but I don't have the space, pudmobile in the garage and 2 cars filling the driveway. It was tough to pass up, but no room.
                        2000 Contour V6, ATX (winter beater)
                        2005 Subaru Outback XT (baby car)
                        1999 SVT Contour 3L #1264 - Sold 2-9-13 she will be missed
                        Former owner of 1998 Mystique
                        Former owner of 1996 Mystique

Comment

• Jeez I wish something like that came up around here. I'd buy it out of principle alone. Fix it up and then sell it to someone on here.
                          -00' Contour SVT #1245 of 2150. Trubendz Borla exhaust, BAT Catted Y, Spec shifter, Injen CAI, NPG Big Brakes, Modded Sunroof.
                          -98' Mustang GT. PI Engine, exhaust, Cobra front bumper/R hood, 3.73s, deep dish Bullitt rims, lowered, lots of other stuff.

Comment

Anyone every buy replacement underhood warning decals before?? Since I'm having my entire engine bay repainted I'm going to need to replace all of these decals for the belt routing, A/C warning label, etc. Called the dealer and they said I have to fill out a form, giving them the Ford engineering numbers off of the corner of each decal and then IF they can even get them, they are $16 a piece. I think there is like 6 of these things. I guess it is some outside company for Ford that reprints these things based off of what the parts guy told me.
                            I took about an hour removing all of those on my engine bay, they look hideous I think! I mean do what you want to do its your car but why do you want to replace all of those?

Comment

• Originally posted by SJon85 View Post
                              I took about an hour removing all of those on my engine bay, they look hideous I think! I mean do what you want to do its your car but why do you want to replace all of those?
                              Some of it is useful information... yea I suppose a guy could find it all in the factory service manual or in the owners manual, but eh...
                              -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Will be much cleaner without.
                                -J
                                '99 SVT Silver
                                Clean DD
                                '91 LX Bimini Blue
                                427"/88mm @ 16psi....yeah 4 digit power

Comment

Working...
                                X