#49's new powerplant has arrived, let the build begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG, that is sexy!
    1998 SVT Contour Silver w/MNB Interior(3.0L Engine)
    1999 SVT Contour
    T-Red w/Tan Interior (2.5L Engine)
    2002 SVT Focus Infra-Red
    w/Black Interior (2.0L Engine)
    You know you drive an SVT when you pull into the gas station and reach for the premium.

Comment

• Tested it out on the rear valve cover first, and I like it.

-Mike
      If you are wondering where the avatar came from look here... Link
      98 SVT Contour - HoK TruBlue|CF roof|#49/6535 DOB 3/25/97|550whp here I come|Follow my extremely slow 3L/turbo build here Link
      85 Camaro - 1969 350ci, 503BHP

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• so why exactly did you put chrome on first?
        1999 Mercury Cougar Full 3.0L MTX
        236HP

Comment

• The chrome is a reflective base and provides uniformity, the colors are translucent so they show through. All the layers work together. A lot of work.

Those look great, nice job, gold covers are where its at.
          95 SeVT 3.0L
          Audi A4 From Hell

Comment

• Noot feeling the gold. But looks great

Comment

• That's exactly the color I wanted all the track car motor done in this winter!
              99 SVT "BLKOUT2" - PRT street driven track #&$% - 13.904 at 102.58 | 98 SVT - PRT RWD conversion project car
              00 ROUSH Cougar - SOLD | 02 SVTF - New toy and R&D car. Future RWD?

Owner/operator PRT www.prtautosport.com
              Follow development of CDW-27 performance parts: http://www.facebook.com/PRTautosport

Comment

• The gold will look good with the blue car.

Usually you do a partial cure of chrome base for a 10 minute bake, then put your translucent gold coat over while the part is still hot and finish out your next 15 minute full cure. This helps keep the trans gold top coat from seperating from the chrome base when the engine heats and cools. Hopefully it doesn't start to crack the translucent coat and might even peel from the chrome base......
                *CLICK HERE ---> 1995 SE 3L WITH MATCHING TRAILER <--- CLICK HERE*
                30 Contour / Mystiques and counting......

Comment

• Originally posted by blu_fuz View Post
                  The gold will look good with the blue car.

Usually you do a partial cure of chrome base for a 10 minute bake, then put your translucent gold coat over while the part is still hot and finish out your next 15 minute full cure. This helps keep the trans gold top coat from seperating from the chrome base when the engine heats and cools. Hopefully it doesn't start to crack the translucent coat and might even peel from the chrome base......
                  I guess I never had a problem with it in the past as that is the way I did my t-red valve covers. I do preheat all of the parts to a uniform 400F (375F for chrome) before I coat them though. In any case duly noted. Time didn't really allow for me to do everything at once as I'm typically working with 7pm-8:30/9:00pm for a time slot during the week.
                  -Mike
                  98 SVT Contour - HoK TruBlue|CF roof|#49/6535 DOB 3/25/97|550whp here I come|Follow my extremely slow 3L/turbo build here Link

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Ok, sweet- that's good to know that your other stuff held up good. I had some translucent red topcoat crack over chrome . I can't wait to see that gem in the engine bay.
                    *CLICK HERE ---> 1995 SE 3L WITH MATCHING TRAILER <--- CLICK HERE*
                    30 Contour / Mystiques and counting......

Comment

• Front valve cover is completed now as well. Just need to sand blast the pulse wheel to clean it up of rust, had to use the one off of the donor SVT 2.5L I had in the garage. Next up is to assembly the windage trayand oil pick-up tube. Then weld up a new baffle plate for the oil pan.

-Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• I cant remember, are you gonna be running cop?

Comment

• From the first post in the thread.

Ignition
                          Accel Super Coil w/MSD DIS 4 - Post #189, Page 5
                          Talyor 8.2mm Thundervolt Wires
                          -Adam-
                          00 SF/MB CSVT #1464 - 2005 port-matched 3L - SOLD
                          00 SF/MB CSVT #0939 - 2005 - GT3076R - 3.0T- SOLD
                          Repairs / Installs? Yep, I do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by newb View Post
                            I cant remember, are you gonna be running cop?
                            ... sometimes I wonder why I bothered creating that table of contents...

Originally posted by SHOgoFast View Post
                            From the first post in the thread.

Ignition
                            Accel Super Coil w/MSD DIS 4 - Post #189, Page 5
                            Talyor 8.2mm Thundervolt Wires
                            Thanks for posting it ;)
                            -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Most of the engine is now assembled. Just waiting on my oil pan baffling to be completed. Did run into one problem, which I'll address in another thread that I'll be creating.

-Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• How I left it...

-Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

Working...
                                X