• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Help in the UK required

Trek

CEG'er
Hi,

As some of you know from my other post I'm putting a ST220 engine in my ST24. All is going well but I'm come across a small issue. The ST220 engine which had previously been installed in a ST200 has had the 200 engine loom fitted and now when I offer up the ST220 coil pack I've bought the plug is different. I would prefer to use the 220 coil as its smaller but need the connector off another loom. Fords over here have stopped selling the loom and finding a spare is not really an option as all the engines sell complete.

Do any of the 3l in the US have this style of coil and hence connector, and if so would anyone be able to help me getting this connector with say 6" of wire to allow me to convert my loom.

Heres the ST220 coil and cable (not my one, but exactly what I'm after )

coil.jpg

I'll post a much better pic of the actual connector later. The 2.5l one is a large oval whereas the 3l one is a smaller oval shape.

Thanks

I can use my old harness but it will mean keeping the larger old style coil pack. The old coil pack is too big to fit under the ST220 engine cover that sits across the front cam cover. The 220 one is smaller and fits nicely under the cover.

I can use my old harness but it will mean keeping the larger old style coil pack. The old coil pack is too big to fit under the ST220 engine cover that sits across the front cam cover. The 220 one is smaller and fits nicely under the cover.

Just relocate it off to the side of the valve cover.

Pic off Wien Seans car

dscn0213w.jpg

its a good idea, but I want the 'clean' look bay, I'm losing the air con to clean up the area. Off to the side would be too messy for the look I'm going for. Sorry for being such an OCD pain in the Ar*e

COP is coil on plugs. ST220 don't have it .. i think jags/mazda's might. Do you have the number on the green label of that wiring loom you are after... G.

i can't get the plug.. but i might be able to get the loom. It will be brand new and about £160. Not making any promises.. just giving you the facts ..G.

Did you ask ford for the pigtail with that connector? Is that what is discontinued or is the harness discontinued. Usually they have lots of pigtails which is all you need.

get a better picture. my roomate's mechanics have a bunch of connectors including ford ones that they save when they replace harnesses. they have a huge box of them, i found a bunch that i already took for future ignition modifications (i'm going coil on plug soon)

i might even have the right one unless the UK uses totally different connectors.

the coil looks like the one on my 02 taurus engine kind of.... can you get more pics of the coil and plug?

As another possible option keeping the larger coil with your existing connector, didn't someone post that they were developing a bracket that provides more clearance for a nearly stock location that fits under the plastic manifolds?

As another possible option keeping the larger coil with your existing connector, didn't someone post that they were developing a bracket that provides more clearance for a nearly stock location that fits under the plastic manifolds?

or it could be relocated into to firewall.

no. but i think i have the connector for that in my hand. a slightly better pic would be nice, to make sure its got the correct amount of pins.

edit: i learned how to use the zoom feature on the laptop, lol.

PM me trek.

Back