On my 1995 Ford Contour GL, I was taking apart under the glovebox to see if any of the wiring harness is compatible with the 98+ door panel wiring harness, and to see if it had the Door lock relay. It did have the relay, but right as I took the carpet off that covered the upper part, a black box hit me right on the head!!!! Its very close to the PCM Location...

Its a black box, with a 12v Battery duct taped to it! What the [censored] is this peice of [censored] inside my car!? Ill put pictures of the box, but Ill describe it now.

Its a square black box, with 2 wires running to it, and 2 from that whole wiring to the small battery, it had an RCA Jack plug that I assume is an antenna, and had no labels on this box except 1 FCC sticker saying its compatible and stuff. a Black and Red wire were identified, and i removed it from the box (was soldered in the box, so a good pull removed it,

i put the key in the ignition after its removal, turned it to ON, everything stayed the usual.

I turned the key to start, started right up, and no error codes present.
i did not trace where this black thick RCA cable went to (was 1 single wire) that seemed to be an antenna, i did not want to rip apart my dash

Any suggestions what this might be?

(Oh, car did have an alarm system, but the box was under the Driver side, which I have removed due to not having the remote to. This car does not have remote entry, due to the locks all being manual, electric start? Dont think so... too little wires... has a Torx bit on this box...

I wonder wtf this is... hopefully I can get answers... think the government is watching me....

Former owner of a 1995 Ford Contour GL w/ 2.0L ATX Proud owner of a 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L V6 Vulcan --Looking for Commodore stuff (Drives, Units, Amiga, games, etc)If anyone has any of this laying around and wants it gone, lemme know --