Once upon a time the motor in my 2000 svt locked up , due to plastic water pump .so i got a factory remanufactured long block from ford with the 3year/36K warranty.so i figure while i have a brand spanking new motor this would be a good time to switch to synthetic.

so on my third oil change i filled it up with 6 quarts of
castrol synthetic 5w30 weight as stated in the manual.oh yea the manual says you don't need synthetic in the svt but if you want to change to synthetic after the 6K break in period your more than welcome to but it doesn't require it.

anyway so about 1000 miles i check my fliuds and notice the engine is two quarts low.so i figure its a new motor and first time for synthetic to maybe it normal.on my forth oil change i again use 6 quarts of castrol synthetic 5w30.

i change my oil every 3000 miles because i'm a nut. i know you can get more miles out of every oil change but changing the oil on a regular basis is the key i believe.

so after 6 quarts on my forth oil change i check the motor after another 1000 miles and again 2 quarts low. where does this oil go ??? anyway i have since switch back to regular dino oil i get from the dealer when i get it changed.

with the regular 5w30 ford motor even after 3000 i lose less than a quarter of a quart.

Keeping it dino and changing it religously.

2000 silver frost svt
---------------------
yokohama AVS ES100's 225-45-16
optimized t/b,half shaft removed,shaved & polished butterfly
K&N ru-3530,KKM adapter, rubbermiad bread box heatshield
mufflers removed replaced with straight pipes & 3" tips
white hvac overlays
roush shift knob
- meguiar's gold class -

-2000 csvt silver frost #1619 -magnaflow 14415 -optimized T/B & y-pipe -superchips xgt1 -75mm proflow maf -K&N RU-3530 -fsvt smart pump # 354Z-9H307-BC -spec stage one, LSD -low-tek,a/f,oil press.,volts -B&M short shifter -17" konig gt-r