thanks again demon for the part # of the fsvt smart pump.
this saved me a lot of time finding the part from the dealer.from my experience the fuel cut out problem has to do with the sock filter attaced to the bottom of the fuel pump itself.

with 65K miles on the clock of my 00' csvt my sock filter was very nasty. It doesn't allow for propper flow once the fuel gauge drop around 1/4 - 1/2 of a tank of fuel.

i cut out a small 1/2 inch square in the rear of my dirty sock filter closest to the pump that seemed to fix the fuel cut problem.

i went out and bought the fsvt smart pump from the dealer. you'll need the green gasket part # XS2Z-9276-AA , the green fuel pump gasket that comes with the fsvt unit is to small to use in the contour and the old stock contour green gasket will be to large to propperly reseal the unit.

i used the new fsvt sock filter square unit when i did my install. everthing works great untill you get to about 1/2 tank of fuel. then i have fuel cut problems. so i have to keep the tank full. WHERE CAN I GET JUST THE STOCK FILTER FOR THE CONTOUR FUEL PUMP ??? the dealer doen't seem to carry them unless you buy the complete $300 csvt unit. trying to find a new contour sock filter is a pain. i've had no luck finding one off a recalled focus pumps.

if anyone has a new L shaped contour sock filter or knows how to get one please let me know. replacing the old 65K miles stock dirty nasty sock filter i have with the cut out will fix my problem but i'm in need of a new on real bad.

-2000 csvt silver frost #1619 -magnaflow 14415 -optimized T/B & y-pipe -superchips xgt1 -75mm proflow maf -K&N RU-3530 -fsvt smart pump # 354Z-9H307-BC -spec stage one, LSD -low-tek,a/f,oil press.,volts -B&M short shifter -17" konig gt-r