Originally posted by zgendron:
Scott,

That is some EXCELLENT INFO! THANK YOU!

I would love to see the same comparison done to a 98 vs 99/00. Does anyone have the ability?

Originally posted by scottd60:
He did say there was some casting changes but did not know what or why for sure.

How can we find out the differences in the casting? Clearly there is something different looking at the price difference.

Your welcome for the info...I hope it helps.

I shipped out 3 SVT UIM's (SVT ST Pete, EvlBill and mine) to Extrude Hone...1 '98 and 2 '00's. I had all 3 in my possession but did not take pic's of them side by side I did look them over very closely and didn't really notice any difference other than the casting on the '00 SVT UIM is much smoother and cleaner then the '98 SVT UIM. The ports visibly looked the same to me. If you look at SVT ST Pete's post a page or two back he did measure these exact two manifolds before he gave them to me to ship. So yes the comparison between '98 SVT UIM vs. '00 SVT UIM has been done and they appear to have the same port dimensions. I think it's safe to say that anyone sending in a '98 - '00 SVT UIM will have no problems whatsoever and should all get the SAME results within the Extrude Hone set tolerance.

On the SE vs. SVT UIM the biggest concern I would have is the TB opening on the SE possibly being too small for the SVT 60mm TB. If you look at the pic closely the SVT is 2.610" and the SE is 2.228"...

Difference is shown in this pic on the SE UIM:

...the difference BEFORE the NEW Extrude Hone process is 0.382" on the diameter. That is 0.191" bigger on the sides (radius) and the SE manifold does not have much more then that left along the EGR slot. I should have measured that as well but unfortunately I did not. It looks like if the opening is opened up to the stock SVT UIM TB diameter I am almost certain it will break through and into the EGR slot. If Extrude Hone opens that dimension beyond the SVT UIM TB diameter which if I understood Rick correctly they do there may be problems for SE manifolds? I don't think there is any problem with the Primary and Secondary ports...they seem to have plenty of room for growth.

Scott

Scott 2000 Contour SVT #1464 Mustang Dyno: 171.6hp/145.3lb Dynojet Dyno: 171.1hp/148.9lb 1989 20th Anniversary Turbo T/A "Indy 500 Pace Car" #1376 of 1550 All Original, 46k with a few mods 2002 F150 SuperCrew