For you guys that are sending in SE UIM's. I talked to Rick at Extrude Hone Monday for a good bit. I was going to send in a SE UIM and keep my '00 SVT UIM on the car so I wanted to clear up some confusion I had.

The process is set by attaching metal plates with fixed dia. holes (dia. will not change in process) over all "in" and "out" openings. The abrasive paste is then pumped through the openings until the desired CFM is achieved...in our case approx. 193 CFM. This process was performed on a SVT manifold (don't know what year) that started with a flow of approx 172 CFM. The process is then programmed into the computer (time duration) and is then run on each manifold. This is what they did on the original manifolds in '98-'00 with very repeatable results (well within tolerance). Now for the SE manifolds they will have to do this again but will run much longer to get the 193 CFM and will generate a separate program for the SE UIM. The SE UIM will need to have the ports opened up a good bit mostly on the TB side. This will more than likely have to be done by the customer? Rick seemed to think that "Port Matching" would solve any issues between the two. My only concern was there did not look to be enough material to open up the throttle body opening for the 60 mm SVT TB. Plus the openings are flipped between the SVT and the SE...you will see in the pic's. and may create some possible leaks?

Below are some pic's of my '00 SVT UIM vs. SE UIM and some of the issues between the two.

'00 SVT UIM vs. SE UIM EGR passage flipped and different(on the top for SVT and on the bottom for SE)

SVT TB will not line up properly...may be a potential for a leak?

Front

Back

Difference in TB openings '00 SVT vs. SE...is there enough material to open it up to the 60mm SVT TB ?

'00 SVT TB opening 2.610"

SE TB opening 2.228"

Dif. from SVT to SE on TB opening

'00 SVT UIM Primary and Secondary ports vs. SE UIM Primary and Secondary ports

SVT

SE

SVT Pri. Port 2.200"

SE Pri. Port 1.076"

Dif. from SVT to SE

SVT Sec. Port 2.270"

SE Sec. Port 2.220"

Dif. from SVT to SE...not quite as bad as the others.

Here are some of the measurements I took between the two manifolds referenced in the pic's above:

TB opening: SVT 2.610" SE 2.228"
Pri Port: SVT 1.200" SE 1.076"
Sec Port: SVT 1.270" SE 1.220"

Rick also confirmed that all manifolds they did for Ford on the SVT started around 160 CFM and after the EH pass were approximately 172-174 CFM and the pass was not very long to achieve the results. They never did multiple passes on newer '99-'00. He did say there was some casting changes but did not know what or why for sure. The 5 HP gains on the '99-'00 SVT's came from additional Extrude Honing and polishing of the cylinder heads and that the manifold process was the same as in the past (no additional EH).

As you can see my '00 SVT UIM has been removed and the SE UIM is installed on my car for now and my '00 SVT UIM is on it's way to Extrude Hone Corp.

Scott

Scott 2000 Contour SVT #1464 Mustang Dyno: 171.6hp/145.3lb Dynojet Dyno: 171.1hp/148.9lb 1989 20th Anniversary Turbo T/A "Indy 500 Pace Car" #1376 of 1550 All Original, 46k with a few mods 2002 F150 SuperCrew