My suggestions for what they are worth are this:

The question is, how stock do you want it. I would opt for a very low priced 'Tour to transform. Since you are using an old school engine, electronics aren't a prob. So one needing a wireing harness is and option. Also, a toasted motor and tranny will work. Blown struts, no big deal. All you really want is the shell and windows. Using a pre98 GL would also add to the sleeper effect if you want to go that route. With the amount of modding that will be done to the car, I would reduce it to barely street legal. Racing seats, custom dash with all aftermarket gauges, no carpet, no door panels, no console (probably won't fit anyway). Make a pro street door slammer basicly. I don't think I could start cutting a SVT, but a GL (no offense to anyone) isn't a huge loss. I know buying a seperate car to do the modding is added cost you are trying to avoid, but you could always sell your CSVT and add that to your budget. I'm sure if you ask around on here someone will know of an old parted out 'Tour that would be perfect for your project.