Originally posted by SnafuFlux:
Originally posted by KyleH:
Originally posted by SVTCANUK:
Originally posted by KyleH:
I've got a KM/H speedo from a E0 SVT for sale. I bought it to try and put it in the Mystique, but it didn't work and blew out 2 tracks on the circuit board. I repaired the Tracks so hopefully this will work in a '98 car. (not 98.5 or later) If it doesn't you could always try using the faces from it. (Would have to calibrate all your needles then). PM me if interested.

Why not 98.5 or later? What about pre 98? I don't think there is a difference, is there? I thought so long as the recipient vehicle had a tach it was an easy swap.

That's what i thought too...until I dove into the project.

damn, there goes my hopes of white gauges. I thought it was a simple switch as well.

It may be still possible for you to get SVT gauges without too much effort. I'd have to see a pic of the back of your cluster to determine though. I put together a little page on my experience here. Since your car is a '97 you may be able to swap in the E0 cluster with no problems, again I'd have to see your cluster to be able to tell.

My Cars 1999 Silver Frost SVT - 80,000km #2603/2760 Aug. 10, 1999. 1996 Mercury Mystique LS V6 MTX - retired @ 323,151km. 1995 Ford Contour V6 MTX-sold @ 214,000km