Hi guys,
My first post to this board. I've got some problems with my 97 se V-6 (w 111k miles). First, the car would not start. Inspected the wiring and of course it was showing bare wires everywhere. Called Ford and hammered them and they replaced it under the recall provided I came up with $200 due to it being over 100k.
Anyway, they had the car 3 weeks and called me to tell me that it would not start and I needed to come get it. When I picked up the car some old fart mech told me that it sounded like it had no compression, I asked if they had done a compression check and he said no. Got the car home and I have no spark at the plugs nor 12v at the coil pack wiring harness connector. I also replaced the crankshaft posistion sensor yesterday. As well as this the fuel pump is not coming on when you turn the key to the run posistion (it worked prior to taking it to the dealership).
I plan on going after the dealership tomorrow, seems like they did not hook something up right.
I performed a cold engine compression check (they manual says to warm the engine up first but I have no way of doing this) and got readings from 100-120 psi on all cylinders. Do these numbers seem ok for a cold check on a motor with over 100k miles. Any advice on any of these issues would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Anthony