Now that I have decided to go ahead with components, I am intrigued by the possibility of cobbling together my own. I've been looking around partsexpress.com, and have read that Vifa and Audax both make solid products. I wanted to know if anyone knew if the Tang Band speakers on PE are any good? They are really cheap, and I am all for cheap if they are actually worth their weight.

On a related note, what should I look for in matching tweeters and woofers. I already know I want to have textile/silk dome tweeters for highs that aren't as bright as with metal domes and that I need at least 40W RMS power handling (see amp choice below). Is there anything in particular that I should know to look for/avoid in picking out components?

In case its important, I plan on putting the components in MDF plates in my factory sites for my front stage and powering them with two of the channels from a JBL P80.4 (I think 40Wx4 RMS) and bridging the other two for a rear deck sub later.

1995 Contour GL 2.0L ATX- Teal Metallic+Grey Int. Brown University, Class of 2008!