Gang-

I have been dealing with a nasty ticking sound in my engine... I have narrowed it down to around the battery area(The right side of the motor if you are standing in front of the car with the hood up!).

This ticking noise starts out low sounding then gets louder as the car gets hotter... I was at a dealership the other day droping off my wifes new Town and Country, and the tech heard my tour running. I said whats that sound like the tick. He said an exhaust leak.. I said Ford replaced my front header about two years ago. HE said there might be a loose bolt? Any rate I go home and put the car up on stands, get under it and of course risking my life, start it and let it run...

Now I am under the car and notice that the ticking noise is around the water pump which in turn the left side exhaust port is there too? But I noticed that the underside of the water pump housing is wet.. Not soaking but wet.... I have been noticing a drip lately and my coolant is disapearing every few months.... Could a pulley on the water pump tick? I really think its that. Because when ford replaced the header, they looked for the tick and still could not find it? SO I really don't think its from them and the header?

My buddy just replaced the water pump last year and did use the stock pulley again, which would make me wonder if it could be that....

My question is this? Are these pulleys expensive? Before I tear the motor appart( pay some one too) I want to narrow down all the options on the left side of the motor....

Thanks
Spankey