Originally posted by ssmumich00:
Originally posted by Massiv:
Originally posted by Derk2000:
Originally posted by Dan Nixon:
Awhile back I got some approx CFU rates from Extrude Hone..
stock = 155 CFU

Dean, if you can find a '00 SVT LIM, that'd be ideal. Otherwise, upgrading to a SVT LIM (of other years) would match better than what you've got.

I wasn't aware that the 2000 SVT LIM was larger than other SVT LIMs. If that's the case, since returnless Cougars have returnless SVT LIMs, do we have the larger 2000 SVT LIM?

Thanks,

Massiv.

late '99 and '00 have 34/35mm wide primary/secondaries. . .spmptorsports had a sale for new ones for $200 awhile back, you can get them used as well, a little more difficult to find since they're split port and LARGE, ie coveted (I'm sure oval port ones are easier to find (albeit more difficult to modify to our fuel rail, but I KNOW Demon and others have done it. . .)

Ok... Based on that, it sounds like Cougars with a returnless fuel system are running on the larger SVT manifold from late 99/2000+. I have a 98 SVT LIM sitting in my work area, and I was going to optimize the shaft and butterflies, and then swap them into my Cougar LIM. That sounds like it *would not work*. Here's a random shot... anyone know if the screws that hold the LIM butterflies to the shaft are the *same* from the 98 SVT LIM to the 2000 SVT LIM? Would be nice to buy the screws ahead of time so when I pull my LIM I don't have to then go and find replacement screws for the butterflies.

Also, how would I tell the difference between the 2000 LIM and the 1998 LIM? How to tell split port from oval port? (I'll search too).

Thanks,

Massiv.

1999 Mercury Cougar V6.