Ok, here are some recent pics....I had a busy day today.....

The most nervous part that I had about this assemble so far was installing the timing chains. I did set crank at 11 o'clock position and checked that no 1 piston was at top dead center by viewing crank/rod from underneath and ensuring piston was a maximum travel - Once I was sure which cylinder was no one whiiiiich is as your facing the front of the engine and not the front of the car, but as facing the front of the engine it is the first cylinder up against the firewall closet to the front of the engine....sheesh....

Anyways, I then installed the timing chains with the yellow dots on the chain lined up with the camshaft gears and crank gear - also checked the arrows on back and they were aligned.....Jasper Tech bulletin on 96 - 99 2.5L Contours did make me nerous!!!! Once these were lined up I then installed tension guides, etc. Next was to insert lifters and rocker arms under cams. Once under cams I torqued down cam fasteners, leaving the thrust fastener for last. Once I did this for the left head, I then rotated the crank two times and then set the keyway at 3 o'clock and then did the same for the right hand side. I then popped the tensioners once I was sure everything was right. As a check I did follow the Jasper Tech bulletin and counted my links between cover, cams, crank, etc. and it matched exactly...took me a few minutes to figure out that it would be a number of revolutions before I could get the original yellow dots on the chains to match up again - been a long day......

With this 95, I did install the special Ford kit for installing modified tensioners to stop chain rattle upon startup because of lack of oil. I purchased the tensioners and backing plate for the tensioners from Bill and I purhased 96 chain, guies, tensioner arms, etc. These special tensioners allow you to use 96 components instead of 95. Purchased a good portion of the timing parts from www.autopartsgiant.com. All timing parts were from melling.

Tomorrow, I'll install timing cover, oil pan, intakes and injectors, power steering pump and a/c.....then I should be closes to dropping this back in with my rebuilt tranny......
Time to have a beer it has been a looong day!!!!

Last edited by Lance Kinley; 12/04/04 07:01 PM.

An ounce of prevention provides a pound of cure!