Ok here are some pictures.....

First picture is underside of block. Engine does look rather clean inside.

Another picture of front of block with oil pump, chains, etc removed. I did find that I had one chain that had a good amount of slack in it. Also, one of my plastic guides was broken. I also found that one of my oilers popped everytime I turned the crank.....I don't think things would have lasted much longer here!!!!

Oil Pump, timeing cover,etc.

Disassembled engine parts

Picture of heads with cams and lifters, etc. It is important to maintain order of lifters and rocker arms if being reused. I plan on reusing them since they all look good.

Another picture of heads

Picture of valves

Close up of block

Cylinders look very good. No ridges. I can even still see a crosshatch pattern! If measurments come out good, I will hone myself for new rings. Crank snout looks good with no groves. After measuring crank, I may not have it turned...Not sure yet.....

I'll have the machine shop check out the pistons, wrist pings and rods to let me know if they are in good shape.

I was not able to take the water pump pully off of the cam. I went to autozone and every puller they had did not seem to work. Can anyone refer me to a puller that I can use to pull this pulley off?

Thanks,
Bob

Last edited by Lance Kinley; 12/04/04 06:53 PM.

An ounce of prevention provides a pound of cure!