Alright being that the other group buy that Im currently involved in for the Indiglo HVAC has been going nowhere real fast I decided to do this on my own.

I emailed Speedhut last night to find out if theyd be able to do the indiglo HVAC for our car. Just now I got an email back stating:

Quote:

Hi,

If you are interested in becoming a Group Leader for your cluster, please read the info below:

*The Group Leader sends a cluster to begin the Pre Order. Please don't use a personal vehicle's cluster (we don't send clusters back). We recommend a cluster from a junkyard (it does NOT have to be in working condition. HOWEVER it DOES need to have everything intact - i.e., needles, cover etc).

Please send the Cluster via Ground (inexpensive) Mail (or another inexpensive method). Please make sure it is INSURED for your protection!
*Remember to add your contact information in the package.

Once the cluster has been received the Pre Order will be added to our Model Development Program with the sender listed as the Group Leader. The Group Leader's email will be listed on the site for questions. We will be in contact with the Group Leader throughout the process.

Once we receive 25 Pre Orders we will begin tooling. The Group leader will get their EL-Glo Dial kit for FREE (+ S&H). We offer incentive discounts for the entire Group. *Free Text, Free Standard Graphics, Free Standard Logo's.

*We can add the Km/h version at No additional cost!

The price for our Custom Gauge Kit's are generally around $99.95 + $8.00 US S&H per Pre Order. The price for our Custom HVAC Kit's are $35.95 + $8.00 US S&H.

Thank you for your interest and please email us if there are any further questions.

*Please check out our Performance 4" Custom Tach at www.Speedhut.com <http://www.speedhut.com/> ! Customize your Dial, Bezel and Pointer to match your interior!

We will be adding a Premium 2" Gauge Line to our selection this Spring. Please check back!

Thanks,

Speedhut.com team
<outbind://23/www.SPEEDHUT.com> www.SPEEDHUT.com
<outbind://23/www.SPEEDHUT.com>

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2004 7:03 PM
To: sales@speedhut.com
Subject: Ford Contour Indiglo HVAC Question

I was wondering if you would be able to develop an Indiglo HVAC for the
Ford Contour. The HVAC is the same for all the models and I know I would
be able to get a sizable amount of orders. If your able to make the HVAC
for us what would you require to fabricate them and would you be able to
provide an estimated price? Thank you very much

Rick Manfre

Now I know that 44 bucks might be a little steep, but Ive done business with the company before (I was part of a group buy when I had my Grand Am) and their product was pretty good. I didnt have the car for much longer after I got the gauges so I personally dont know how long or well they hold up after a certain amount of time. I think I had my gauges for like 6 months before I got rid of my car and up to that point I had no problems.

Now I need 25 orders to go with this. Im pretty sure I can get some people who are unhappy about the other group buy going on to get in on this. The only things that would hold this up is the amount of time it took for people to sign up and send payment (Ill only accept PayPal, or certified letters containing bank checks or travelers checks mainly so YOU know if and when I get it) and the time it takes for them to tool out 25 of em. After that 25 are done for the original people in the group buy I believe theyll be available to anyone that wants them at any time after. In fact I dont even think you send me the payment. I think you send them the payment so you wont even have to worry about me running off with your money.

Now being that the largest problem with the other group buy is that communication was very slim to none. Thats why Im not only listing the site I plan on going through, but also listing my email address (if you dont see it up there its rickmanfre@comcast.net) so that you know you can get in contact with me at any given time. If youd like Ill even list my phone number so you can call and [censored] at me if you dont get them in a timely manner. If you call to just BS then dont expect much on my end. Im not big on talking.

I just know that Id personally really like these and as the group buy that I was in went to hell I wanted to set up something so that everyone can have contact with the makers of the gauges and much easier with me.

If you want in then lemme know and Ill send in my HVAC and get everything set up to get these made. I wont send my HVAC until I get at LEAST 10 orders. Just forwarning everyone now.

If you want any more information please let me know. You can always check out www.speedhut.com to see the work theyve done. Theres only one picture of an HVAC theyve done and it looked pretty good. All their gauges are great looking. Plus the fact that you can customize them for free is an added bonus.

Hope this works out!

A good friend will always bail you out of jail. A best friend will be sitting next to you saying "That was so fucking cool man!" 97 Contour 2.5L V6 Mods: 17" Rims, Blue side markers, 2 12" Kenwood Subs, Kenwood Z828 headunit