Originally posted by fpipes:
i hate my '98 ford contour with 85,434 miles. this car has one problem after another. it is just terrible. it is unbelievable how a quality car company could make such a car. I DIDNT' EVER LIKE FORD, AND I GIVE THEM NO MORE CHANCES. they disgust me..i'm selling this car if anyone is interested for $2500, i can't believe it is actually worth more, the poor shouldn't even be given this car..i wish i could give it away for free.

An exhaust leak and a high temp reading isnt that big of a deal. You could have MUCH worse problems than that. Do you maintain it? If its a Zetec, it runs hot, most do. Change all the filters, and tranny fluid, and see what happens.
If the tranny fluid has never been changed, dont flush it, just change a little bit at a time.

Think about it this way, a fuel pump is much cheaper than if the engine blew, or all the wheels fell off on the highway......

Doesnt sound like the problems are so bad that you have to gripe so much about the car. I know its frustrating, but you gotta deal with it. You could go buy another used car that has a dozen worse problems. Just ask for help, there are a lot of people that will be willing to help on this site, mabye some in your area.

Originally posted by fpipes:

i wish i could give it away for free.

um...ok, let me give you my address...

-Ken V. 1998.5 SE Praire Tan Zetec ATX psycho_bass@hotmail.com Roush springs Roush rear sway bar BAT struts 17" Millie Miglia HT3 and a ton of subtle asthetic mods