Originally posted by akrump47:
I see this going two ways. One one side of the fence we have those who have kept their cars mostly stock and are now getting rid of them for newer, more uplevel, more powerful cars. (Mazda6, Scoobys, EVO, G35, Accord/Altima/TL all come to mind.)

On the other side of the fence we have those who have decided instead to seriously upgrade their car's performance to compete or even blow out of the water many of the aforementioned rides. Thanks to the Street Flight turbo kit we now have SVT Contours putting out 325-400 horsepower in street trim and nearly as much torque 3L swaps are a dime a dozen nowadays, and there is the eventual possibilty that someone truly insane with some $$$ will convert one of these cars to AWD.

It is these former group of people wo can be called the true "Contour Enthusiasts" IMO

seems not worth it to dump that much money into the car. i like my CSVT and it does have a few mods, but i still do plan on having a new car next year. for me i just want something new to start on with no problems so i can spend more money on mods and not repairs.

FORSALE - 17" FSVT Wheels, TRubendz catback w/magnaflow muffler PM ME 02 celica GT-S 6-spd w/ TRD bodykit Greddy evoII exhaust, DC sports header Injen Short ram intake, TWM short throw shifter, 18"centerline storm wheels, Tein basic coilovers